PDA

View Full Version : You Tube Ads and You Tube Red

Bruce Wrenn
09-25-2017, 8:51 PM
I stream music to my shop via you tube. I don't mind the ads, as I know they pay the freight. But what I HATE are the ads that say "music will play after ad," but ad never plays. Basically computer freezes up. Then you have to select another site to listen to. Also hate when you can skip ad during last second of ad. Why even put in "skip ad" if you don't mean it The frequency of these happening are directly related to offer for You Tube Red for only $9.99 a month. I guess their idea is "upset the listener off enough, and he will sign up for only $9.99 a month." I lived almost 70 years without you tube music, so I know I can do the same the few I have left.

Dave Lehnert
09-25-2017, 9:27 PM
I use Pandora

Thomas L Carpenter
09-25-2017, 9:44 PM
Pandora here. Sometimes I use Sirius XM and occaisionally, A RADIO!

Lee Schierer
09-25-2017, 9:59 PM
I've compiled a collection of music I like and play it in my shop via my mp3 player. No commercials.

Rick McQuay
09-26-2017, 2:33 AM
I use Youtube for music but don't get many ads, certainly never had them freeze (on a computer). Occasionally YT ads would freeze my old Roku 2. I do feel like you get less ads using Chrome than other browsers.

glenn bradley
09-26-2017, 9:08 AM
I use Pandora

And the correct answer is . . . .

I also have a small 1TB USB drive that holds hundreds of full quality CD's.

Brian Henderson
09-26-2017, 10:37 AM
Just get an ad blocker. I never see ads on YouTube.

Bruce Wrenn
09-27-2017, 8:58 PM
Just get an ad blocker. I never see ads on YouTube.Have Ad Blocker Plus, and recently added a second ad blocker. ABP didn't do the job, but second ad blocker plus ABP did, for now.

Brian Henderson
09-27-2017, 10:10 PM
Have Ad Blocker Plus, and recently added a second ad blocker. ABP didn't do the job, but second ad blocker plus ABP did, for now.

I've got AdAware and I never see an ad on YouTube or anywhere else.