PDA

View Full Version : If you are looking for Jim Becker???

Tim Morton
10-31-2005, 8:07 PM
Look up...he's on cloud 9!!!!!!:D :D :D :D

Congats to the 4 of you Jim!!!!!!!

Randy Moore
10-31-2005, 8:28 PM
CONGRATULATIONS Jim and Alison, did your two daughters finally get home?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D I am very HAPPY for the both of you.:)

Don't be a stranger around here though, your WWing tools still want to be used and we still want to hear from you.;)

Erin Stringer
10-31-2005, 8:41 PM
Jim, if your prayers have been answered then CONGRATULATIONS!!!! You will never be the same.

Richard Wolf
10-31-2005, 9:02 PM
Congrads to you and your wife.

Richard

Mark Singer
10-31-2005, 9:04 PM
Jim,
That is wonderful....Mazel Tov!

Jerry Clark
10-31-2005, 9:05 PM
Great Jim, I knew they will go to a good family-- someone to love and care as you and Allison will. :)

Bruce Page
10-31-2005, 9:06 PM
Congratulations Jim and Alison! Let the memories commence! :)

"L"removed! :rolleyes: :o

John Shuk
10-31-2005, 9:28 PM
Good luck and congrats Jim and Allison. It is a great journey.

Joe Mioux
10-31-2005, 9:34 PM
Congratulations Jim. What eveyrone else said!

Joe

John Miliunas
10-31-2005, 9:41 PM
Well, hot dang!:D Yeah, I'll bet you're bouncing off the "you know what-ing walls"!!!! I'll bet the 22nd can't possibly come quick enough. A BIG

CONGRATS!

to the both of you!!! :) Keep us posted and we'll try to hold the fort down in the meantime!:) :cool:

Dan Larson
10-31-2005, 10:20 PM
Best wishes to you and your recently expanded family, Jim!

Dan

Jim Becker
10-31-2005, 10:21 PM
Sheesh, I was just thinking about posting a little thread with the news, but Uncle Tim seems to have beat me to it! :p

Man, I've been bouncing off the walls all day long. That conference call for work I had to be on at noon through about 2pm was murder...it involved a customer, so I couldn't bag it and it was really, really, really hard to stay focused! (but to my woodworking competitors...I did manage to do a good job...hee hee) ;)

We both have been completely stressed out :o for the past few weeks waiting for this court date and originally thought we might hear something last week. It was not to happen and the weekend was...well...you know. Then this morning, I was reading a very sad email that Alison (Dr. SWMBO) forwarded to me from another couple that just lost their two intended adoptive kids to a Russian family (my regular nightmare in the past few months) when the phone rang. It was our social worker at the agency with the good news. Talk about tears of sadness mixed with tears of joy...wow. That was at about 11:15a this morning and it wasn't until about 2:30p that I was able to sit still for more than three minutes at a time. Almost.

I am not a religious person and never have been, but that's not to say that I am lacking in spirituality. Today was one of "those moments"...

So...Siberia in late November (burrr...) and Thanksgiving in Moscow this year!! :D:D:D I may have to get one of those kewel fur hats, too...

Oh, I have a complete web site already built with about a hundred pictures of the girls that I will "turn on" once court is completed...that should satisfy the whole "picture patrol" in one fell-swoop!

BTW, folks...Alison is going to beat you if you keep putting that extra "L" in her name... ;) LOL!

Tom Hamilton
10-31-2005, 10:28 PM
Wonderful news, Jim. Congrats to you and your wife. Your new life will be filled with Joy.

Best regards, TJH

Roger Myers
10-31-2005, 10:38 PM
Fantastic news Jim!! The warm hearts of the children and your new family will take the chill off the Siberian weather!! Kathi and I send our very best to Alison and you and the girls....
You know I have a special place in my heart for adoptive parents and I believe that nothing could be more wonderful!
All our best!!
Roger

Martin Shupe
10-31-2005, 10:40 PM
We are all very happy for you, Jim!!! I see more furniture projects looming in your future!

Wes Bischel
10-31-2005, 11:30 PM
Great news Jim! I know what you mean about those walls - I had to leave on a business trip the morning after our match with Sam. That was a long trip away from home.

This will be THE November to remember!

Wes

John Hart
10-31-2005, 11:39 PM
Wonderful news Jim and Alison!!!!! Congratulations! :) :) :) ;)

Andy Hoyt
10-31-2005, 11:49 PM
Very very nice Jim. Our neighbors are suffering through a similar process so I can sort of relate to the emotional rollercoaster you guys must have been riding.

Welcome to parenthood - which is an upgraded industrial verison of that same rollercoaster

Vaughn McMillan
11-01-2005, 3:09 AM
Sounds like there will be some extra thanks for Thanksgiving this year. Bigtime congratulations to you and the Doctor.

- Vaughn

Karl Laustrup
11-01-2005, 6:23 AM
So...Siberia in late November (burrr...) and Thanksgiving in Moscow this year!! :D:D:D I may have to get one of those kewel fur hats, too...

LOL!

First, congratulations to you both. You might not even need coats, with all the energy you'll be burning while over there.

However, we will expect pictures of that "kewel fur hat". :D

Karl

Dave Richards
11-01-2005, 6:36 AM
Jim, my congratulations to you and Alison. It's great when those things happen. You're going to have so much fun.

Ken Fitzgerald
11-01-2005, 7:21 AM
Congratulations Jim and Alison! Life is good!

Steve Jenkins
11-01-2005, 8:30 AM
Congrats Jim.

Tyler Howell
11-01-2005, 8:54 AM
Remember all that spare time you use to have??? That's all over now!:D
Congrats Jim. My daughters have been my very best teachers. A real blessing.

JayStPeter
11-01-2005, 8:58 AM
Congrats Jim.

Jay

Bill Sampson
11-01-2005, 9:35 AM
Jim and Alison,

As an adoptive parent, I can assure you that the thrill of this occasion will not diminish as the years fly by. All the best to you and your "new" family.

Bill Sampson, Richmond

Jim O'Dell
11-01-2005, 10:04 AM
CONGRATS!!! I'm sure a lot of time and energy has gone into this. Good luck with the girls. All 4 of you are very lucky! Jim.

Dan Gill
11-01-2005, 8:06 PM
Outstanding, Jim! Congratulations to all four of you!

Lars Thomas
11-01-2005, 9:08 PM
Jim, My Allison (with two L's) and I are very happy for you and Alison (note: 1 L). Lars (also one L)

Dave Ray
11-01-2005, 9:41 PM
Congrats Jim & Alison, may you and the girls have the very best life has to offer. You have recieved the most beautiful of Christmas presents, and so have the girls.

Dave :)

Von Bickley
11-01-2005, 9:50 PM
Congratulations to "The Becker Family".;)

Dan Mages
11-01-2005, 10:47 PM
Mazeltov to you and Alison!!

A baby is an inestimable blessing and bother.
Mark Twain - Letter to Annie Webster, 1876

[I]

I have one of those hats somewhere in my parents basement that my parents picked up in the Ukraine a few years back. It is Soviet Admiral's hat with all of the insignia on it. Good for those winter days. I also have a pair or beaver pelt mits my grandfather purchased from some Inuit in Alaska many years ago. Good luck with the trip.

Dan

Alan Turner
11-02-2005, 3:29 AM
Jim,
Good news indeed. May safe and successful travels be your blessing.

Frank Pellow
11-02-2005, 6:39 AM
I'm very happy for you Jim. Having children is the most important (and most lifestyle changing) thing that has ever happened in my life, and I expect that you will find the same thing.

Jay Knoll
11-02-2005, 7:07 AM
Jim

Great news to you and Alison -- now Dr. SWMBO will take on a new dimension!

Seriously, this is wonderful news and my wife and I wish all the best for your new family

Jay

Jim Becker
11-02-2005, 5:16 PM
A baby is an inestimable blessing and bother.
Mark Twain - Letter to Annie Webster, 1876

I wonder what Twain would have said about a 6 and 10 year old...but his era was before credit cards and the Internet...

Fred Voorhees
11-02-2005, 7:24 PM
I may have to get one of those kewel fur hats, too...

By the way, it would only be fair to post a picture of said hat on ones brow!:D

Gary Herrmann
11-02-2005, 7:46 PM
Congratulations, Jim. You'll get less shop time, but Pop time is often more fun.

Don't worry. You'll be saying ridiculous things like that soon enough. ;)

Joe Blankshain
11-02-2005, 8:54 PM
Congratulations to both of you. It is always nice to go into the holiday season with something to be thankful for and I believe that you have two.

Jim Becker
11-02-2005, 10:41 PM
You'll get less shop time, but Pop time is often more fun.

Don't worry. You'll be saying ridiculous things like that soon enough. ;)
Fear not...as Dr SWMBO will readily acknowledge, I am quite skilled at saying very strange things!

------
As to the race between the girls coming home and the new lumber, err, kid hauler arriving...the kids look like they are going to win as the Highlander Hybrid will not be off the boat until we are on the other side of the same pond. But the dealer promised they would not sell it more than three times before we return.

Keith Starosta
11-03-2005, 7:10 AM

------
As to the race between the girls coming home and the new lumber, err, kid hauler arriving...the kids look like they are going to win as the Highlander Hybrid will not be off the boat until we are on the other side of the same pond. But the dealer promised they would not sell it more than three times before we return.

Grrrrrr...........don't even get me started on THAT one.......DAMHIKT, please. :(

Good luck, my friend!

Keith

John Scarpa
11-03-2005, 11:28 AM
Jim, Wonderful news! Congratulations!