PDA

View Full Version : Regestry Mechanic: Is it safe to use?

Bob Weisner
10-31-2005, 4:54 PM
Has anyone used Registry Mechanic? Is it safe to use? Or will it erase useful programs?

Thanks,

Chuck Wintle
10-31-2005, 5:17 PM
Has anyone used Registry Mechanic? Is it safe to use? Or will it erase useful programs?

Thanks,
its not for erasing programs. its used to play around in the registry. If you don't know what you are doing in the registry then its better not to modify/delete anything there.

Joe Pelonio
10-31-2005, 5:33 PM
Dangerous. If you are about to have to re-format and install everything, and have done all of your backups, then go ahead and give it a try. It's probably a good program but if your system is messed up already it fixes things and you
can't really restore to something that was messed up before, so you can end up with problems. If your system is running perfectly well then you don't need it anyway. I used it after a virus cleanup, paid a tech $90/hr to manually "fix"
my system, and he used Reg Mech on it. Ended up having to pay him then reformat.

Doug Jones
10-31-2005, 6:15 PM
Its fine to use, I have it and use it every time I uninstall something. Besides it won't do anything until you tell it to. And it offers a restore option. If you don't like what it diid restore it to before the changes