PDA

View Full Version : Grizzly Jointer

John Brennaman
10-31-2005, 2:33 PM
Guys,

I just received the shipment of the Grizzly G0500 jointer. I had heard horror stories about the company they previously used (Overnight Trucking, I think) and I thought I would share the experience.
<O:p
I received a call from SAIA trucking 2 days after I made the order on-line. I was asked when would be a good time to make the delivery. We scheduled and then I told the lady that it would be delivered to a residence and that I had no loading dock. She assured me that they would make the delivery on a truck with a lift, no extra charge.
The truck arrived when promised, the driver was friendly and courteous and he took the cartons off the truck with a lift and rolled them into my garage. A year ago a friend of mine had a delivery from Grizzly via Overnight Freight and had to pay an extra $65 dollars above the regular freight fee for the same service.
After I unpacked the jointer and found no damage, I proceeded to assemble. It took only a couple of hours to include a couple of short breaks for coffee (okay, maybe not too short). Alignment was minimal. The blades were set perfect with no nicks. The out-feed table only had to be raised about .025 inch to line it up with the top of the blades. After assembly and alignment I ran through a piece of hard maple. I was very satisfied with how smooth a cut I obtained.
I’m very satisfied with the jointer and would recommend it to anyone who is shopping for an 8” jointer (no, I don’t have stock in Grizzly).

Bernie Weishapl
10-31-2005, 4:19 PM
Congrats on the jointer. I had the same thing with my Grizzly bandsaw and shipped by the same frieght company. I told him it was a residence and he said no problem. He came to the house, pulled up in the alley, put it on the lift gate and wheeled it in the shop. I am pleased with the saw and the service from grizzly and their shipping.

Phil Phelps
10-31-2005, 4:57 PM
Years ago I had a planer deliverd to me on a Saturday via lift truck from Overnight, no extra charge, and couldn't have been happier.

Keith Foster
10-31-2005, 8:35 PM
While not all of my Overnite experiences have been happy, the driver was always friendly and every one of them assisted me in moving the units into the garage (or what was left of them any how). :o

I should also add that I never once paid for lift-gate service, but every shipment was by lift-gate. At one point I was actually told that all of the Overnite trucks used on Saturday deliveries have lift-gates. Now, don't go and quote me on that. I'd hate for someone to depend on this as fact. BUT, do ask if this is the case. You shouldn't have to pay for something that would be free anyway.

Enjoy your jointer. I love mine!