http://www.vocalhalloffame.com/Inductees/image16.jpg

Dan Larson
10-31-2005, 1:05 PM
A little Monday morning Yakety Yak?

Von Bickley
10-31-2005, 1:06 PM
Mark,
Yes, I remember.
Two years ago, we went to a show at Alabama Theater in Myrtle Beach, SC. We saw the Coasters, the Drifters, and the Platters at one show.:) :) :)

Jerry Clark
10-31-2005, 8:58 PM
Great Mark-- Oh, are you are dating yourself! :rolleyes: Did not think you were that old!:D

Mark Singer
10-31-2005, 9:07 PM
Great Mark-- Oh, are you are dating yourself! :rolleyes: Did not think you were that old!:D

Sam Cooke...."Bring It on Home To Me"

I even watched the Hit Parade...Snooky Lanson, Russel Arms, Gizel McKensie...

Perry Como...Eddie Fisher...The Show of Shows...Alcoa Theater....

"Goodby and Good Night"

Lee DeRaud
10-31-2005, 10:54 PM
Great Mark-- Oh, are you are dating yourself! :rolleyes: Did not think you were that old!:DHeh. I think I'm pretty close to Mark's age, but it seems like lately all the live music I've seen is by people older (on average) than I am: Carlos Santana (60-something?), Simon & Garfunkel (mid-60s), Joe Satriani (the 'youngster' at 47).

Not to mention a big CD player full of "geezer rock": Clapton, Collins, Gabriel, Sting, Winwood, etc.:cool: :p

Lee DeRaud
10-31-2005, 10:58 PM
Sam Cooke...."Bring It on Home To Me"

I even watched the Hit Parade...Snooky Lanson, Russel Arms, Gizel McKensie...

Perry Como...Eddie Fisher...The Show of Shows...Alcoa Theater....

"Goodby and Good Night"Slightly before my time, although I vaguely remember most of them. Our house was more Andy Williams (with Janos Prohaska as the Bear:p).

Bonus trivia points to anyone here who remembers the Lloyd Thaxton show from the mid-60s.

Mark Singer
11-01-2005, 12:36 AM
lloyd Thaxton....lip sinking...yeh...I remeber Buffy St. Marie on the show...Jack Elam...Stevie Wonder....Lloyd could not really play the paino very well....sort of

http://www.metnews.com/articles/lloyd_thaxton.gif

http://members.tripod.com/~jackiedeshannon/jackiedeshannon7.jpg

Jakie DeShannon........"What The word needs now is Love" ....still true! and a machine that cleans your shop while your sleeping

Karl Laustrup
11-01-2005, 6:34 AM
Perry Como.

One of my dad's favorites. :) One of mine also. :)

Karl

Mark Singer
11-01-2005, 9:07 AM
:confused: http://raymondscott.com/DC/hitpar.gif

The hit parade ....Russell. Gisel, Dorothy, Snooky

What does this have to do with woodworking?.....Well you never know...coasters are round and you put your drink on them or they can sing....which leads to older singers and times before rap music which i also love dearly...now say you finish a project and want to wrap it....how long do you wait for the tung oil/ varnish to dry? See we are right back to woodworking....everything somehow relates to woodworking and taxes....you can't help it:confused:

Andy Hoyt
11-01-2005, 9:15 AM
Don't forget this master.

Ken Garlock
11-01-2005, 9:22 AM
Hey, Hey, I remember the Lucky Strike Hit Parade:)

Let us not forget the late night, dim light, slow dance(aka belly rubbing music) of Jacky Gleason.

Come on, Mark, you are not that old, or did you run home from school to see Band Stand from Philadelphia:confused:

Ken Garlock
11-01-2005, 9:25 AM
Don't forget this master.

My Spike Jones CDs are the first thing I play to test out a new computer system, or upgrade to my current one. You just can't get music like that anymore(there are those would would say 'and its a good thing.):eek:

Mark Singer
11-01-2005, 9:38 AM
Hey, Hey, I remember the Lucky Strike Hit Parade:)

Let us not forget the late night, dim light, slow dance(aka belly rubbing music) of Jacky Gleason.

Come on, Mark, you are not that old, or did you run home from school to see Band Stand from Philadelphia:confused:

No not Dick Clark...I was playing "stick ball" in Manhattan

Ken Fitzgerald
11-01-2005, 9:41 AM
Do you remember Johnny Horton?

Ken Garlock
11-01-2005, 10:08 AM
Do you remember Johnny Horton?

The battle of New Orleans???? :)

Joe Pelonio
11-01-2005, 10:46 AM
I liked Doug Kershaw's Battle of New Orleans too. My all time favorite though is Jethro Tull. Still touring after all these years and coming to town later this month.

http://www.j-tull.com/press/pressphotos/lowres/IA72sm.jpg

Cecil Arnold
11-01-2005, 11:47 PM
If my fuzzy memory is correct Johnny Horton died in a car wreck about 12 miles from my hometown (Milano, Texas in 1960-62, killed by a Texas A&M student) and a chum of mine still has a piece of the car Horton was driving. On second thought it may have been the Big Bopper. Who remembers Taj Mahaul, Leon Redbone, and the less steller 60s flolks?

Andy Hoyt
11-02-2005, 12:23 AM
Leon was cool.

But these guys rocked!

King Crimson

Lee DeRaud
11-02-2005, 1:07 AM
If my fuzzy memory is correct Johnny Horton died in a car wreck about 12 miles from my hometown (Milano, Texas in 1960-62, killed by a Texas A&M student) and a chum of mine still has a piece of the car Horton was driving. On second thought it may have been the Big Bopper.Nope, Big Bopper died in the same plane with Buddy Holly and Richie Valens.