PDA

View Full Version : Do the RTIC 25oz Water Bottles in CAMO laser well?

John Kleiber
09-19-2017, 6:06 PM
I've read and experience personally some coatings that do not laser well or require extensive cleanup.

Does anyone have experience with the new RTIC 25oz Water Bottles in CAMO?

In google search, I see a few examples of laser marked RTIC Camo cups, however I am not sure of possible additional labor to clean up.

-John

Kev Williams
09-19-2017, 9:58 PM
That looks to be a near twin to these--
I just 4 black and 40 of the woodgrain, the black engraved like it was MEANT to be lasered, the wood engraved nice too, on my 30w GCC the engraving came out a nice gold-ish tan color, very consistent, customer loved it. On my 40w LS900, it took it right down to bare stainless- I ended up using about 60% power to match the gold ones the GCC did. The GCC would do silver too if I upped the res and/or lowered the speed...

I think that camo will probably engrave the same way. There's one catch, the camo is going to make anything you engrave hard to see. The engraving on the wood cups was hard to see and it's tame compared to that busy camo...

Randy Audette
09-20-2017, 9:39 AM
368211 This is an Ozark Trail but basically the same thing, they engrave nicely but it is harder to see the engraving, but after all...it IS camouflage :)

Nick Hale
11-01-2017, 5:47 PM
I tried my hand at the Ozark trail's Mossy oak version. It etched a little funny, some of the colors in the camo made the etch a different color. After a second pass and a little clean up from a magic eraser. It looked good. Kind of hard to see, but customer was happy.