PDA

View Full Version : Sigh

Michael Weber
09-17-2017, 12:51 AM
Christmas lights up at a local shopping center. Mid September :rolleyes:

Brian Elfert
09-17-2017, 10:02 AM
I was able to buy Christmas lights at Home Depot this time of year five or six years ago. (They were not being used for Christmas.)

Michael Weber
09-17-2017, 10:51 AM
My poor description. The lights were not for sale, the shopping center is decorated for Christmas. Just bazaar to see it lit up already.

Bert Kemp
09-17-2017, 12:53 PM
its really bad, I don't buy anything in a store for Christmas anymore, have since 2012 when I got my first laser. I make everything now.I refuse to be drawn into the commercial world.:rolleyes:

John K Jordan
09-17-2017, 3:03 PM

They might do it differently if several hundred people told the management they were boycotting the center until after Thanksgiving. Send it in writing to corporate.

JKJ

Dave Lehnert
09-17-2017, 7:53 PM
I worked in retail for almost 25 years. Most of that time in the seasonal area.
Always kinda got a kick how people get all bent out of shape with Christmas stuff out so early (For sale)
There are some reasons this happens.

1) Christmas is planed and purchased by the stores around February. If you are a large retailer you have to tell the manufactures what you want so they can make it. Once it made and ready to go, you better bring it into your warehouse. If they find another buyer they will sell it.

2) The seasonal area in our store was HUGE, Once Summer patio sold down ,Halloween only took up half that space. What do you fill the other half with? All the Christmas stuff you have sitting in your back room. Cant sell it sitting in the back room. And can't sell empty shelf space.

3) Christmas Lay-a way is a big business. People put their Christmas trees, Lights, decorations in Lay-a-way now. Have it payed off by Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving weekend is the big weekend for Christmas decoration sales. Not a month later at Christmas.

John K Jordan
09-17-2017, 10:01 PM
I've avoided seasonal retail for more than 25 years. For me the best time to buy seasonal things is when they go drastically on sale right after whatever holiday it is.

JKJ

Andrew Pitonyak
09-18-2017, 1:30 PM

Can't say I care, as long as they are not yet playing Christmas music.

Joe Tilson
09-18-2017, 6:42 PM
It's gonna by a blue blue Christmas without without you. It's gonna be a-------

Jim Koepke
09-18-2017, 7:26 PM
Heck, I thought they were jumping the gun with all the Halloween stuff.

I refuse to be drawn into the commercial world.

jtk

julian abram
09-24-2017, 2:50 PM
Michael, I notice Bentonville started installing Christmas lights on their town square last week. Seems crazy to us old folks I guess.

Michael Weber
09-25-2017, 1:10 AM
Indeed Julian. But so it goes.