PDA

View Full Version : Any Willys Jeep Owners Here ???

Duke Phelps
10-31-2005, 8:34 AM
I like woodworking but my 1st love is older jeeps,here's a pic of my 1962 CJ5 that built from the frame up.It took a year to do but was a lot of fun.

Vaughn McMillan
10-31-2005, 4:49 PM
Nice looking Jeep, Duke. Looks like you did a great restoration on it.

I don't own one anymore, but years ago I was part-owner of a beat-up 1940-something Jeep that we bought to traipse around some gold mining claims we owned in New Mexico. I believe it was a wartime Ford model, but I could be completely wrong on that. (I've slept a few times since then.) It had a Mercury Marine engine in it, and it was nearly unstoppable, but it tended to smoke when going up or down steep hills, since the motor was designed to run on a level plane. I didn't drive the old beast, because at the same time I owned an '87 Wrangler, so I was generally leading or following the other Jeep through the hills. We had a lot of fun with the Jeeps, though.

- Vaughn

Aaron W. Gonya
11-01-2005, 12:50 AM
Sharp CJ !

Not a Willy's owner....Yet :D

But I do have a heck of a good time driving my Built in the old Parkway plant Jeep Cherokee.

My Grandpa had a Willy's wagon, and that won't be the last one in the family.

I'm going to eventully resto a early CJ or a Wagon.

Duke Phelps
11-01-2005, 7:21 AM
Jeeze i hope you build a cj parts are still easy to find.try this page it great help www.Earlycj5.com

Charles McKinley
11-09-2005, 3:02 PM
Hi Duke,

I have a bunch of Willy's parts that I need to figure out what year they are to sell them. Could you give me some links to get started. I have a tail gate,3 hoods, 2 a couple of hood emblems, a pair of nice doors and some other stuff. Thanks for the help.

Bob Yarbrough
11-09-2005, 5:48 PM
One of my first "cars" was a 52 Willy's 4wd Wagon. POS on the road but it was a MONSTER off road. One spring I was the one to break through the Hi-Line rad behind Eileson AFB, Alaska. 15 miles, 15 hours.