PDA

View Full Version : Chair/Stool plans

Paul Canaris
10-31-2005, 7:22 AM
Anyone seen any plans for something like this. I suppose I can figure it out, but if someone already has, it sure would be easier.:D

Maurice Ungaro
10-31-2005, 7:48 AM
Paul,
Let me guess....your wife saw it and wants one. You balked at the price and said "..gee honey, I can MAKE one of those if I only had (insert desired tool name here)". She approved the tool purchase, and now you have to make good on the manufacture of said piece, right? How do I know? My wife wants one too!

Scott Parks
10-31-2005, 10:09 AM
Saw it in Skymall many years ago. I wanted to make one, but my wife didn't like the style. Sorry, I never drew up any plans, but I'm sure it would be very simple to make.

Jason Tuinstra
10-31-2005, 11:51 AM
Anyone seen any plans for something like this. I suppose I can figure it out, but if someone already has, it sure would be easier.:D

Paul, if you check out Wood magazine's site, I think they have something like this in their plans section. The back is not the exact same, but it's very similar if my memory is working right.

Steve Beadle
10-31-2005, 12:10 PM
Paul, this may be what is called a "Hoosier Step Stool." If you have the issue, look in Woodworker's Journal, Vol 26, # 3, June 2002; p. 34. I don't have it handy where I am now (at work), so I can't see the picture to see if it is the same, but the description fits.

Paul Canaris
10-31-2005, 1:09 PM
Paul,
Let me guess....your wife saw it and wants one. You balked at the price and said "..gee honey, I can MAKE one of those if I only had (insert desired tool name here)". She approved the tool purchase, and now you have to make good on the manufacture of said piece, right? How do I know? My wife wants one too!

Exactly, but with a twist. What was in the catalog looked lightweight, so I wanted to make a beefed up version.:)

Paul Canaris
10-31-2005, 1:11 PM
Thanks Jason and Steve, I'll check out those resources...

Paul Canaris
10-31-2005, 1:32 PM
Paul, this may be what is called a "Hoosier Step Stool." If you have the issue, look in Woodworker's Journal, Vol 26, # 3, June 2002; p. 34. I don't have it handy where I am now (at work), so I can't see the picture to see if it is the same, but the description fits.

Steve, you were dead-on. Just purchased the plan for the whopping amount of $3.95 shipping included. Thanks....