PDA

View Full Version : 9060 laser cutter (MPC 6585 controller) engraving question

Torsten Fassbender
09-14-2017, 7:12 AM
Hey Guys

I have a question about laser engraving.
- Machine LXJ 9060
- Controller Leetro MPC 6585

when i engrave for example a triangle (20mm wide and 20mm high)
Than the the X movement goes always full range (20mm) even when it comes to the small part of the triangle.
I saw on some videos, that the X movement gets smaller, when the figure gets smaller.

I dont know how to explain it better.

My question is:
-Is that just a setup to do in the controller or some where?
-Is it possible with the controller i have ?

Thank in forehand

Torsten

Mike Null
09-14-2017, 9:23 AM
There may be a setting in your driver that will permit you to make that change. It is an option we have with the Trotec but I am not familiar with your machine.

Welcome to Sawmill Creek.

Kev Williams
09-14-2017, 10:50 AM
Is this a vector triangle or a bitmap of a triangle? If it's a bitmap, then the triangle fits inside the invisible 20mm x 20mm bounding box, and the laser must sweep the entire box as it's the only borders reference the software has.

A vector triangle, the lines themselves are the borders and the laser should sweep based on the left-right X size at any given time..

Some lasers engrave all "white space" (my LS900 does) and it can be annoying, and with a slow Chinese machine, it can be very time consuming. If your machine is sweeping the full bounding box of a vector triangle, then as Mike says there may be a way to change it. My GCC (RF) laser gives me that choice, my LS900 doesn't (with my current driver), and my glass Triumph never sweeps 'white space', but I can't find a setting to change it.

Dave Sheldrake
09-14-2017, 7:02 PM
acceleration distance setting