PDA

View Full Version : Anybody have a Shop Smith?

Jim Hipp
09-13-2017, 9:03 PM
I am having a problem with my 30 year-old ShopSmith. Is there a users group anywhere that anyone knows about?

Jim

Frederick Skelly
09-13-2017, 9:23 PM
Google it and a couple things come up. shopsmith.com/ss_forum/

Jim Hipp
09-13-2017, 9:41 PM
I am having a problem with my 30 year-old ShopSmith. Is there a users group anywhere that anyone knows about?

Jim

Thanks, Can't figure out how I missed it.
T

David Dockstader
09-14-2017, 9:58 AM
There's also a Yahoo users group - SSusers in groups.yahoo.com. Not a lot of chatter, but lots of experienced users monitor and they'll always jump in to answer questions or offer advice.

John K Jordan
09-14-2017, 10:07 AM

Jim

I have a good friend, wood and metal worker, and all around wizard who has had one for many years. If you want, I can ask him if he knows of a group or if he would be willing to answer questions - I suspect he would.

JKJ

Arthur Fleming
09-14-2017, 1:29 PM
I have one, but I bought mine new, two years ago, and have just finally finished building the workshop in the basement (well, finished with the first version, we'll see how many are to follow). All the info I've ever wanted to find about them, has so far come from the forums on their website that Frederick posted. Just like here, the members are very happy to share their knowledge. My main issue right now is trying to find the time to make sawdust. Goodluck.

Greg Hines, MD
09-14-2017, 3:47 PM
I have a Smithy Ironwood which is a heavy duty version of the Shopsmith.

Doc

Larry Frank
09-14-2017, 7:48 PM
There are also a couple of Shopsmith repair shops. Jacobs Shopsmith Repair Shop has a good site. I am thinking of having mine rebuilt.