PDA

View Full Version : The Tinkering of the Wicked and the Smell of Rust

Jim Koepke
09-10-2017, 9:13 PM
Having lineage to the Clan Buchanan my wife wanted to go to the Scottish Games in Kelso today. My thought was after that we could run over to the antique shop that had a couple of adzes that caught my eye with my wallet empty. Having recently sold my old bandsaw there was some "tool money" stashed in a drawer at home.

One of her reasons to go was of a group called The Wicked Tinkers who play some rousing music.

After they performed and we wandered through the grounds we headed off to one of our favorite antique malls. After that we headed to some shoping and stopped off at a shop that often has some tools. Found a pair of chain link pliers that is a bit bigger than my other pair.

Not a whole lot of rust, but it will keep me occupied for a while:

The saw set is a 42X, the handle was left by someone else that didn't want it with the tool they bought so the clerk asked if I wanted it for free. She called the seller and they were willing to come down on the price of the adzes. If you don't ask, you don't get.

jtk

James Pallas
09-10-2017, 9:45 PM
Nice haul. Cold duck, or wine or what ever you say. Nice adz'. Are you planning some canoe building?
Jim

Jim Koepke
09-11-2017, 1:19 AM
Are you planning some canoe building?

My thoughts are making chair seats. May even try on a couple of stumps around that are in good sitting places.

jtk

Pat Barry
09-11-2017, 9:55 AM
My thoughts are making chair seats. May even try on a couple of stumps around that are in good sitting places.

jtk
It would be interesting to see if the end grain of the stumps will cut effectively enough with the adze

steven c newman
09-11-2017, 1:28 PM
If nothing else...
Turn the stump into a Gnome Home.....

Jim Koepke
09-11-2017, 2:12 PM
If nothing else...
Turn the stump into a Gnome Home.....

I have thought of making Gnome doors on some of the trees on my lot. The stumps are amidst stands of trees and are a great place to sit with nature.

jtk