PDA

View Full Version : Jet Vortex Cone Dust Collector - Owner experiences?

Kevin Lauck
09-10-2017, 2:08 PM
Hi all!
Looking to update my dust collector and I have found a Jet Vortex DC with the 2 micron filter. Does anyone have any experiences with this DC? It's on Craigslist nearby for $550, brand new for $720. It's that or a Grizly 2HP canister with a 1 micron filter or I've been toying around with the idea of a Harbor Freight with a Wynn filter. Only thing with the Grizly is that I'm not currently wired for 220V. It's hooked up to the shop, just haven't installed outlets yet.
I'm not looking to duct my entire shop (I say that now) but I'm trying to buy a DC that will last me a long time and serve good health purposes.

Thanks for your help,
Kevin

John Cole
09-10-2017, 4:59 PM
I have the jet and it works very well. I do not have it attached to ducting, but rather move the hose from machine to machine. It sucks the shavings from my 15" planer with ease. Still can't get good dust collection on my PM66, but that's a problem with the 66 not the jet. My only complaint is it can be tricky to get the bag off to empty - could have been designed better. Would I buy it again? YES.

Harold Balzonia
09-10-2017, 6:39 PM
I bought two of these exact units at an auction and gave one to my buddy... (I won't tell you what I paid for the pair because it will make you angry) and they work great. They were in a production shop and ducted to pull dust from a very long run of ducting on many machines and saw quite a bit of use and they still work perfectly. The bag is a pain, but it's quite large and only has to be changed once in a while. On mine, I find putting the bag back in place in the unit is more of a pain than removing it. I'd recommend it, for sure.

Larry Frank
09-10-2017, 7:25 PM
I had one and sold it for $225. I had one without the vortex and then upgraded it with the Jet parts. It worked pretty well and used it for 5+ years. I upgraded to a 5 hp cyclone.