PDA

View Full Version : Shared space

Douglas Rome
09-08-2017, 8:26 PM
Hello woodworking friends
I live in Elburn IL Chicagoland and I love woodworking however there are a lot of tools I don't have like a joiner planner band saw etc
If anyone knows of a shared space place that rents spaces and tools please advise
Thanks douglas

Jon Nuckles
09-11-2017, 12:52 PM
Douglas, how far are you willing to travel for your shop time? The Chicago Park District has woodshops in several locations in the city. Equipment and space varies by location, and I expect that hours do as well. That's a ways to go from Elburn, but if you are interested, I can put you in touch with a guy that runs one of the shops. He could give you more information. There used to be a place in Palatine that rented shop time, but I'm pretty sure it closed years ago. The only other options I am aware of are woodworking schools where you can take a class, but not just open use of the shop. If you do a search on Craigslist, you occasionally see ads by individuals looking for someone to share their shop space and costs. You could try posting a Craigslist ad and see if anyone nearby is looking to share. Good luck with your search.

Douglas Rome
09-11-2017, 7:17 PM
Jon
Yes please advise the Park District contact here.
Thanks douglas

Jon Nuckles
09-12-2017, 2:33 PM
Douglas,
I just sent you an email with contact information and some more suggestions.
Jon