PDA

View Full Version : New Arrival

Waymon Campbell
10-30-2005, 4:30 PM
Look what FedEx left for me yesterday afternoon...

Took me about an hour to unbox, read thru the manual (awesome manual!) and get it set up this afternoon. First mortise and tenon was just a little loose. One adjustment and perfect second attempt.

Bill Borchardt
10-30-2005, 5:29 PM
You lucky dog! We want details, details, details! Exact model, where you got it, how much $$, what project you're going to use it on.

All kidding aside, I've been mulling over buying a mortise and tenon jig myself, So to help me in my search - what jigs did you look at (Trend, Leigh, ??) and what tipped the decision?

Cheers . . . .

Billbo

Chris Barton
10-30-2005, 6:21 PM
Sweet! I bet you just can't stop playing with it!

Waymon Campbell
10-30-2005, 9:07 PM
All kidding aside, I've been mulling over buying a mortise and tenon jig myself, So to help me in my search - what jigs did you look at (Trend, Leigh, ??) and what tipped the decision?

Cheers . . . .

Billbo

Bill - I looked at both the Trend Micro and the Leigh. I also saw both demo'ed at the last woodworking show that was in town. I basically had three criteria...in order of importance was 1) Quality, 2) Capability and 3) Cost. Obviously the trend wins hands down on cost. But the other two factors won me over. After having the jig for less than 24 hrs I can say I made the right choice. This thing is awesome:D .

LOML is after me to build an English garden bench and some other outdoor furniture for the pool. The Leigh will turn the job of making all those M&T's into a piece of cake.

John Renzetti
10-31-2005, 5:05 AM
Hi Waymon, That's a great piece of equipment. I'm sure you'll get a lot of use out of it. Congratulations you did make the right choice.
Is there also a video that comes with it like they do on the D4.
take care,
John

Jason Tuinstra
10-31-2005, 12:08 PM
Waymon, great choice. I'm sure you're going to get a great deal of use out of it. I wish I had one for the chair I built recently. I think this would be a great tool for the angle joints that chairs require. Have fun, and be sure to tell us more as you get more time on it.

Bill Borchardt
10-31-2005, 7:07 PM
Waymon,

Thanks for the reply.

If you get tired of the FMT let me know - I'm looking for a used FMT at a good price! :-)

BTW - I love your signature by-line.

Cheers . . . .

Billbo