PDA

View Full Version : New Table Saw Gloat

Tom Ruflin
10-30-2005, 4:20 PM
I'm hitting the half century mark next month so I thought I'd give myself a new Sawstop table saw :D. It replaced a Delta contractors saw which worked fine for most of the work I have done so far but I have some tiger maple just waiting to become a dinning table by next spring. I have the new saw all set up except for the 220 power which is comming Wednesday. Hopefuly the attachment is there.

Corey Hallagan
10-30-2005, 4:24 PM
Congrats on a great new table saw. Thrown any hotdogs at it yet? :)

Corey

lloyd morris
10-30-2005, 4:29 PM
Tom,

Congratulations on a great saw! I hope you enjoy every minute of using it. Let us know how you like it. Also is Sawstop offering mobile bases or were you able to find one to fit somewhere.

Lloyd Morris

lou sansone
10-30-2005, 5:02 PM
excellent saw..I am sure you are going to really like it.
lou

Russ Massery
10-30-2005, 5:33 PM
Congrats,Tom After you power it up be sure and let us know how you like it.

Bernie Weishapl
10-30-2005, 5:58 PM
Congrats Tom. Let us know how she runs and how you like it.

John Bailey
10-30-2005, 6:08 PM
Great looking saw, it almost makes me change my plans not to get a table saw.

John

Chris Barton
10-30-2005, 6:23 PM
Great saw! And, the cleanest shop I have ever seen! What kind of sicko are you?

Bruce Page
10-30-2005, 6:56 PM
Nice gloat and a very nice table saw, congrats!

Jim O'Dell
10-30-2005, 7:00 PM
Hey Tom, I'm hitting the half century mark next month also, but I don't have anything like that on the horizon! Congrats on the new saw! Jim.

scott spencer
10-30-2005, 7:03 PM
Is that the one that Sears had on sale last week? ;) Fine looking saw. Congrats and happy BD.

Frank Pellow
10-30-2005, 7:16 PM
Tom, I have heard good things about that saw and I expect that you will be happy with it. Congratulations!

Roy Wall
10-31-2005, 1:11 AM
Tom,

Beautiful and well made machine.......it will serve you well!!!!

Nice entrance to SMC:)

Tom,

Congratulations on a great saw! I hope you enjoy every minute of using it. Let us know how you like it. Also is Sawstop offering mobile bases or were you able to find one to fit somewhere.

Lloyd Morris

Lloyd,
Sawstop is working on their own mobile base.... But I believe this one is the HTC model.....

Gary Sutherland
10-31-2005, 3:34 AM
All "saw stopping" controversy aside, they do look like extremely well built saws that will last longer than any of us.

Congratulations and have lots of fun!!

Gary

Tom Ruflin
10-31-2005, 5:43 PM
The mobile base is from Delta and was used for my contractors saw. It's all welded steel and is plenty strong. The blade guard is was also used on the contractors saw. I may try the guard that came with the saw stop but I kinda like the Excaliber. I also have a Beismeyer splitter that I will post on the classifieds for the contractor saw.

Controversy aside, what put me over the edge to buy the sawstop was the riving knife and talking to 2 people that had amputations with a table saw. Both people are experienced hobbists and both are missing an index finger. Plus the saw is built really well and so far the Sawstop people have been great. I had damage to one of the fence face plates from shipping, they overnighted a new one and I got it the next day with no other questions asked or charges.

The General 650 was my second choice as it looks to be built well. I also wanted to look at the new powermatic 2000 with the riving knife but they are getting a bad reputation for poor quality since the manufacturing has all gone offshore.

Allen Bookout
10-31-2005, 6:45 PM
I think that I would cancel putting in the 220. If you do you might get some saw dust on something ----- like the new saw. Allen