PDA

View Full Version : One more Candle Holder

Dick Parr
10-30-2005, 4:00 PM
Here is a box elder candle holder I did yesterday and tried my new Sorby texturing tool on. I really like how it came out in both areas I used it on. Now I can't wait to try it on a bowl or two.:rolleyes:

It is 7" x 1-1/2" and is finished with Watco.

Thanks for looking.

Chris Barton
10-30-2005, 4:01 PM
Nice Dick! Gotta love that boxelder!

Bruce Shiverdecker
10-30-2005, 4:49 PM
Dick, as you know, I love most of your work. However. these remind me of Hockey Pucks. They give me the same feelings I get with mine. No flow in form.

Sorry,
Bruce

Chris Barton
10-30-2005, 6:44 PM
Now Bruce, I see the humble hockey puck as a thing of beauty. But, what I like the most is the texture he put into the piece. How did you do that Dick?:D

Joe Horne
10-30-2005, 6:46 PM
I agree with Bruce. The wood is very nice, but the form and size is not the best. Proportionally, they just don't work Dick............sorry.

John Hart
10-30-2005, 9:49 PM
I can't find any confetti lamps so I bought a bunch of candles today to see what I can do with them. See what you're starting? Nice work!

Dick Parr
11-01-2005, 8:14 AM
Thanks everyone,

Bruce I agree that these don't have the best form, but this one I was trying my new Sorby Texturing tool on to see what it would do. The two that look like this were so thin that I wasn't sure what to make so this is what came out of it.

But the texturing tool doses work great.:D