PDA

View Full Version : Uls vls 6.60

Trey Tull
09-07-2017, 10:10 AM
Good morning everyone. I purchased a new VLS 6.60 a few weeks ago and love it so far but I can't seem to find one setting. Is there a way to tell the laser to return to the cursor location instead of the home position after finishing a job? I need to center some parts before starting the job and its nice to do that with the pointer, instead of just guessing where that spot is.

Also is there a good resource/dedicated message board for ULS? I can't seem to find anything dedicated to them.

Thanks
Trey

Lee DeRaud
09-07-2017, 11:45 AM
Also is there a good resource/dedicated message board for ULS?Have you tried calling or emailing ULS tech support?
They're pretty good with response time, and their answers tend to mean more than those of people like me who are using older models or software versions.

Scott Shepherd
09-07-2017, 12:00 PM
I'm not aware of any way to make it go back to where it started. The options are to go home or stay where it ends, best I can tell.

Plenty of good ULS users on here, post away with questions.

Trey Tull
09-07-2017, 1:21 PM
Thanks for the responses guys.

Kev Williams
09-07-2017, 2:34 PM
Not many machines that I'm aware of will do that-- My Triumph software will do this, enter coordinates then hit 'move laser head position'...
--problem is, the machine doesn't move! ;) - controller thing I'm sure...

But-most newer machines will show you the machine's X-Y coordinates, I'm sure yours does, my 1997 ULS does... ;)
--just slew the head manually until it's at the coordinates you want-

Lee DeRaud
09-07-2017, 4:09 PM
But-most newer machines will show you the machine's X-Y coordinates, I'm sure yours does, my 1997 ULS does... ;)
--just slew the head manually until it's at the coordinates you want-If it's like mine, it's in the 'focus' tab of the viewer, and you can type in X/Y coordinates and hit 'go to'. Not sure if the values are persistent over a job execution though, so you may need to type them in after every run.

Bill George
09-07-2017, 6:16 PM
Even when I purchased my 8 year old ULS there was documentation online which I (printed out) and spent hours with and with the machine. Its all there, I can not believe you got neither documentation nor training with a new machine?

Mike Null
09-08-2017, 8:20 AM
I 'm surprised there isn't a "return to start" setting in your software. Call tech support--it must be there.

Keith Colson
09-16-2017, 3:27 AM
The only setting that might be useful is "do not return home after job is done" You can then put a finishing point on your artwork in a different colour. It will always stop at that point.
Another undocumneted tweak is you can jog the laser head with the arrow keys on the keyboard. I use this when positioning 1 of jobs.