PDA

View Full Version : How do you delete a purchased ebook from an iPad?

Frank Drew
09-06-2017, 12:42 PM
Specifically, an iPad mini. I can't find a delete feature, such as you'd find with photos. Thanks for any advice.

And one further question, can I transfer an ebook to someone else's tablet or computer, comparable to giving someone a book I'd finished reading? Computer transfer cable from device to device?

Dave Zellers
09-06-2017, 1:36 PM
To delete press and hold the icon then tap the x. Press the home button to leave that mode. That's also how you re arrange icons by dragging them.

Frank Drew
09-06-2017, 2:00 PM
Dave,

If I press and hold the iBooks icon on the main screen, all the icons go into wiggle mode and there is an X that I could press, but would that delete iBooks entirely? I want to delete just a single book from within iBooks, and pressing and holding that book's image doesn't seem to do anything (no X appears.)

Frank Drew
09-06-2017, 2:07 PM
Ah, I think I found how to do it; with the bookshelf showing, tap Select in the upper right corner, then tap the book you want to delete and then hit Delete in the upper left corner. It still shows half highlighted, with a cloud with down arrow image super imposed over the corner of the book image. I guess it's in the iCloud limbo somewhere.

Dave Zellers
09-06-2017, 3:08 PM
Yep. My bad. Sorry!