PDA

View Full Version : EZCad2 settings file? Transfer settings from one computer to another

Matt Krei
08-30-2017, 3:24 PM
Hoping someone might know of an easier way of copying settings from one computer to another and retaining the settings from the original computer without having to go screen by screen through the parameters and setting them manually to match.

I copied the entire directory from the host PC to the new PC yet none of the settings have taken. Is there a settings file that is stored somewhere outside of the Ezcad directory? I want to make sure that I don't accidentally miss any settings by doing everything manually if I can avoid it.

Thanks in advance.

Bill George
08-30-2017, 4:18 PM
Hoping someone might know of an easier way of copying settings from one computer to another and retaining the settings from the original computer without having to go screen by screen through the parameters and setting them manually to match.

I copied the entire directory from the host PC to the new PC yet none of the settings have taken. Is there a settings file that is stored somewhere outside of the Ezcad directory? I want to make sure that I don't accidentally miss any settings by doing everything manually if I can avoid it.

Thanks in advance.

Screen shots and print out the only 100% way to do any of those controllers.

Matt Krei
08-30-2017, 4:36 PM
Screen shots and print out the only 100% way to do any of those controllers.
Thanks Bill, I was afraid of that.

Tim Bateson
08-31-2017, 7:39 AM
EzCad2 likely stores the settings in regedit. If so you can easily find & export this and re-import into another computer. I'll check my system tonight.

Matt Krei
08-31-2017, 7:43 AM
I was pleasantly surprised to find last night that my settings DID indeed copy over. Apparently when running in demo mode without the "dongle" / laser being connected the program displays default parameters. When I actually hooked it up to the machine and opened EZCad, all of my settings were populated correctly. Hooray!