PDA

View Full Version : Bosch 1618 without a lift?

Eric Schatz
08-30-2017, 2:35 PM
I'm going to put a router in my outfeed table. I have a 1618 that comes with a large allen key to use as a lift on the micro adjustment. Would this work instead of a lift or do I just want to bite the bullet on this and get a lift. I'm not a production shop and dont use my router every day in the shop. Anyone gone with this setup?

Also, if you recommend a lift which one would it be? I dont need top of the line. I need bargain.

Michael Stein
08-30-2017, 3:24 PM
I'm going to put a router in my outfeed table. I have a 1618 that comes with a large allen key to use as a lift on the micro adjustment. Would this work instead of a lift or do I just want to bite the bullet on this and get a lift. I'm not a production shop and dont use my router every day in the shop. Anyone gone with this setup?

Also, if you recommend a lift which one would it be? I dont need top of the line. I need bargain.

That is how I have mine setup, a 1618 without a lift. Maybe not the "most" convenient, but I don't have any issues with it.

Wade Lippman
08-30-2017, 5:39 PM
It will work. You won't like it, but it will work.

David J Blackburn
08-30-2017, 5:52 PM
I've had that for a while. It works. I also just bought a lift because "It will work. You won't like it, but it will work." Is the truest thing ever said.

Mike Heidrick
08-30-2017, 6:03 PM
Can always add it later. The lift hole will be much bigger.

Nick Decker
08-30-2017, 6:38 PM
I've had that for a while. It works. I also just bought a lift because "It will work. You won't like it, but it will work." Is the truest thing ever said.

What he said.