PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Have Experience Lasering These SS Bamboo Tumblers?

Doug Fisher
08-28-2017, 5:07 PM
I would appreciate feedback regarding these stainless steel tumblers/mugs from JDS from people who have lasered them for customers. Did they laser well? Any feedback from your customers regarding how the bamboo finish held up over time to washing, banging around and general wear?

How thick is the bamboo veneer? I am wondering if it is thick enough that you can relatively deep-etch the wood or if the veneer is so thin you zap it to intentionally reveal the stainless underneath (glue underneath and warping from washing exposed wood edges could be an issue).

Thanks!

Doug Fisher
08-28-2017, 11:40 PM
JDS emailed me back and informed me the tumblers are an old product that was never updated to the better insulated/performing double wall construction like their Polar Camel line (Yeti wanna-be) so I won't be buying. Too bad. If the bamboo had lasered nicely and held up well it was distinctive enough that it might have been popular with the people who want something their friends don't have.

Bill George
08-29-2017, 8:55 AM
JDS emailed me back and informed me the tumblers are an old product that was never updated to the better insulated/performing double wall construction like their Polar Camel line (Yeti wanna-be) so I won't be buying. Too bad. If the bamboo had lasered nicely and held up well it was distinctive enough that it might have been popular with the people who want something their friends don't have.

Get them anyway and do as an entry level promotional item. My wife has fancy mugs that have never had a liquid inside!