PDA

View Full Version : RD Works scan issue with multiples

Cam Mayor
08-28-2017, 12:00 PM
I am having an issue with RD works, I am new to the program and am having issues transitioning from LaserCad. I always do multiples of the same piece. I duplicate a single piece 8 times using the array tool. In LaserCad it will engrave each piece individually then cut them out. In RDWorks it is engraving all 8 simultaneously, sweeping the entire laser bed everytime. This has cut my productivity down tremendously making a 45 minute job a 75 minute job. I have tried reodering the work but it still engraves the same, I also tried using copy and paste rather than the array tool but that made no difference.

Any suggestions how I can get back to engraving individually. As all my work is like this it would be a PITA to have to reorder everytime, is there a setting in RDworks to do each bitmap separately.:confused:

Michael Henriksen
08-28-2017, 1:25 PM
Use the virtual array function instead of creating copies. It then does one at a time.

Cam Mayor
08-28-2017, 4:20 PM
Use the virtual array function instead of creating copies. It then does one at a time.

I am using the matrix copy function to make my 8 multiples. Still does them all at once not individually. I am thinking there is a setting somewhere that I have to change?

Michael Henriksen
08-28-2017, 5:24 PM
Use virtual array, not matrix copy.

John Lifer
08-28-2017, 9:11 PM
Cam, when you open the layer settings, there should be a box for independent output. check it. It will do each item individually.
On some graphics it can cause WAY longer times, so check with preview!

Cam Mayor
08-29-2017, 7:37 AM
Got it, thank you so much for your help guys.