PDA

View Full Version : Fiber Laser NOOB / I could use some help 20w Galvo

jermey fontenot
08-21-2017, 6:10 PM
I'm completely new to using a laser .

Im running a 20w fiber with rotary using ezcad software.

Does anyone have a cheat sheet for parameters to ..

1. Black marking on stainless steel
2. Clearing out powder coating on a ss cup .

As for hatching dxf files .. I'm completely lost .

My main goals initially are to engrave cups using the rotary .

Here re I tried to make black . Settings

speed 100
power 90
freq 25
hatch .02
i adjust the focal depth in parameters from 290 to 288

jermey fontenot
08-21-2017, 6:12 PM
Trying to post pic now

Scott Shepherd
08-21-2017, 6:15 PM
I'm afraid that's the wrong tool for the job for engraving cups, stainless and powder coated. You can do it but it will be painfully slow. A CO2 laser will do it in a fraction of the time.

Bill George
08-21-2017, 9:28 PM
Trying to post pic now

Jermey, going to tell you something you don't want to hear. Most if not all of us here with Fibers started with a co2 laser, ganty type.
The Fiber has So many options and settings to change for each material. I spent a week or so before I got mine, Searching, Copy / Paste into Word printed out and read. I have added pages as they were posted. Then you need a log book of some sort to keep track of what settings work on what material. I spent a couple of months just getting used to the machine and settings on various materials.

I had some idea of where to start, but EZCad is not.... welll easy. I am assuming you have experance with a grapics promgram of some sort, but sooner or later your going to need Corel Draw.

jermey fontenot
08-21-2017, 9:35 PM
https://jquery-file-upload.appspot.com/image%2Fjpeg/3989468192/IMG_0006.JPG

I have experience with graphics . I'm a controls and automation engineer .

I've been logging my results and 'fine tuning ' just needs a heads up on where to start .

I have coral draw ... what's the benefit of it .

Tim Bateson
08-23-2017, 9:40 PM
I'm afraid that's the wrong tool for the job for engraving cups, stainless and powder coated. You can do it but it will be painfully slow. A CO2 laser will do it in a fraction of the time.

I have to agree with Steve, wrong tool for that job. Get yourself some CerMark & a CO2 laser. I love using both my Fiber lasers, but for SS cups it's CO2. I do, on occasion produce cups on the Fiber, but that is only for special clients that pay way, WAY beyond the standard rates, and my family too.

Darren Wilson
09-01-2017, 7:20 AM
Hi Jeremy,

have a read of this...

www.needham-coding.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/5/2016/10/TYKMA-Laser-Marking-Manual-REV214.pdf