PDA

View Full Version : Newing-Hall 240SE

Glen Monaghan
08-19-2017, 2:51 PM
Anyone here have good working knowledge of the Newing-Hall 240SE? I've been working with one that has a couple of problems that I'd love to fix but could really use some advice... problems/interactions between the vertical tool actuator and tool rotator. Also a couple of error messages about missing Generic.ini and crf.ini drivers...

Mark Sipes
08-21-2017, 5:16 PM
Have you attempted to contact Newing-Hall. Do you have the Install disk. You can download off the Newing-Hall web site.

Which controlled are you using?

Glen Monaghan
08-22-2017, 9:09 AM
Hi Mark, just been using the thing for a short while and, no, haven't looked up a contact with Newing-Hall. Oddly, for some reason I sort of thought they were defunct... No disks, no manuals, just winging it. How would I know which controller it has?

Mike Null
08-22-2017, 1:39 PM
Newing Hall is alive and well. They can refurbish or service any machine they've ever built. Tech support is not free but it's good.

Mark Sipes
08-22-2017, 7:41 PM
Glen can you describe the issue with the diamond drag tool and the rotary . Also if you are running XP or better then you have an HPGL HP2 or HP3 Controller.. 2 black rotary knobs on front panel Feed and Spindle rates.. HP 5 is the newest....

Mark Sipes
08-22-2017, 7:46 PM
GENERIC and CRF.INI are EngraveLab configuration files.... I have 6.0 and Pro 7.1...... you have a dongle I assume.

Some Help Files http://www.newing-hall.com/software-downloads/

Mark Sipes
08-25-2017, 1:33 PM
Hope this information helps