PDA

View Full Version : Talk About Lucky

Jerry Bruette
08-17-2017, 10:06 PM
Here's a link to an article about what might be this years luckiest person. I don't know him personally but I used to work with his brother. The whole family are hard workers and have a bit of entrepreneurism in them, and some of the nicest people you'd want to meet or do business with. Guess it shows that you don't know when an accident will happen or how bad it could be and how fortunate you might be to walk away from an accident. Please don't be too judgmental, we all know how fast something like this could happen to each of us.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2017/08/16/he-accidentally-shot-himself-in-the-heart-with-a-nail-gun-and-yes-lived-to-tell-about-it/

Be Safe
Jerry

Joe Jensen
08-18-2017, 1:32 AM
All I can say is wow

Mike Henderson
08-18-2017, 1:38 AM
Wow is right. But he should have bought the SawStop nail gun:)

Mike

Martin Wasner
08-18-2017, 8:15 AM
This is why we must ban semi automatic guns.

I'm no doctor, but I'm not sure if the washington post knows where the human heart resides. "centimeters from his heart" lol, while not false, a little dramatic.

I bet that hurt like the dickens!

Pat Barry
08-18-2017, 12:02 PM
Yikes - that was close! Previous poster is right - Washington Post (and most Americans) have no clue about the metric system.

Brian Elfert
08-20-2017, 9:46 AM
Other stories said the nail was 1/16" inch from heart. The reporter probably meant ti write millimeters.

Don Orr
08-21-2017, 2:57 PM
As an Xray tech in a trauma center I've seen nails and staples in peoples' bodies from power tools, but not that close to a heart. WOW!