PDA

View Full Version : Yet another Kickstarter for the Laser to Re Invent the Wheel

Bill George
08-17-2017, 10:18 AM
Found this stupid on CNC Zone > https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1377092563/24-x-12-laser-cutter-engraver-by-light-phase-techn?ref=nav_search

What was it PT Barnum said?

Michael Henriksen
08-17-2017, 10:26 AM
Yes, saw that some days ago. Looks to me like their 20 years of experience hasn't taught them anything. A blue/white Shenhui 350 is half the price and can be upgraded to a more powerful tube.

John Lifer
08-17-2017, 12:43 PM
I'd rather get something that has a track record. why pay into a kickstarter for something you can readily buy? They'd better hurry, only a couple of weeks left and a lot of $ short....

Doug Fisher
08-17-2017, 2:32 PM
Maybe I just missed it but I don't see any information on the actual people involved with the company. Henderson, NV, right near Las Vegas? Claims of having many years of experience in the industry? The first thought that came to my mind was the guy and his wife who have run multiple shady laser cutter related companies out of the Las Vegas area. Hopefully it is a different and totally legit group of people but there is not way to know at this point.

Dave Sheldrake
08-18-2017, 8:09 PM
10 people who have 2 years of owning a K40 each is 20 years of experience......

External HT connection that is unshielded (silicon tube is NOT shielding).....

no cures for stupid I guess

Gary Hair
08-19-2017, 7:24 AM
no cures for stupid I guess

take away all of the warning labels and stickers, things will sort themselves out over time.

Dave Sheldrake
08-19-2017, 2:18 PM
take away all of the warning labels and stickers, things will sort themselves out over time.

Oh I so wish Gary :)

glenn bradley
08-19-2017, 2:46 PM
I'd rather get something that has a track record. why pay into a kickstarter for something you can readily buy? They'd better hurry, only a couple of weeks left and a lot of $ short....

Not everyone does a valid business model build or due diligence in their target market. Maybe they don't know they are asking for money to "develop" something that already exists . . . or maybe they do. People have items on Amazon for orders of magnitude higher prices than appear on the same page/search result . . . As attributed to Barnum "there's a sucker born every . . . ". They could be using that model.

Bert Kemp
08-19-2017, 3:13 PM
Oh gessh hope its not that thief who started hurricane
Maybe I just missed it but I don't see any information on the actual people involved with the company. Henderson, NV, right near Las Vegas? Claims of having many years of experience in the industry? The first thought that came to my mind was the guy and his wife who have run multiple shady laser cutter related companies out of the Las Vegas area. Hopefully it is a different and totally legit group of people but there is not way to know at this point.

Clark Pace
08-30-2017, 8:37 AM
I am going to give props for neat idea. I could see a need given certain situations. Perhaps a little refinement more needed. As for to re inventing the wheel. The wheel has had varations and improvments. So i think that is a silly thing to say. Surely we would not want the first version of the wheel on our vehicles. Just a note. I am defending how the e company advertises or its claims. Just saying a neat idea

Michael Henriksen
08-30-2017, 9:35 AM
What is neat about it? Just curious.

Clark Pace
09-03-2017, 11:22 AM
Entered response in wrong thread

Kev Williams
09-03-2017, 8:48 PM

--and then there was--

Matt McCoy
09-04-2017, 11:59 AM
The project wasn't funded. I could only find one name associated with this and neither the husband/wife behind Hurricane et al, is it. There are FSL associations, so it was probably former employees giving it a shot out on their own.

Bert Kemp
09-04-2017, 2:09 PM
MY 2cents just stay away from Las Vegas based laser companies :rolleyes::D

Clark Pace
09-05-2017, 9:30 AM
Nothing. I had two topics on my mind and was really commenting on another product with similar phrasing. I meant to type my response about the cubio not this

Clark Pace
09-05-2017, 9:31 AM
Sorry entered response into wrong thread. I meant to be commenting on. A different projecf