PDA

View Full Version : Where to get Sterling Blades for a band saw?

Anthony Whitesell
08-15-2017, 8:52 PM
My last purchase of bandsaw blades were made by Sterling Blades. They worked really well and seemed to last longer than the previous various manufacturers. I would like to get more bandsaw blades made by Sterling Blades. I was able to find one source but want $18 S&H for one (131 1/2") blade. Does anyone have any sources for Sterling Blades bandsaw blades?

Frederick Skelly
08-15-2017, 9:47 PM
This looks like the manufacturer (http://www.diamondsaw.com/Default.aspx). Perhaps they sell retail or can steer you to a few vendors?

Anthony Whitesell
08-15-2017, 9:53 PM
I tried. They haven't been too helpful. The don't sell direct. I asked for a list of distributors or sellers. They finally gave me one local rep, but doesn't "have my blade size".

Frederick Skelly
08-15-2017, 9:56 PM
Odd, huh? You'd think they'd be glad to help.
Well, with luck, someone here will have a source.

Best of luck!
Fred

Yonak Hawkins
08-15-2017, 10:55 PM
It looks like they have several locations. Perhaps if one location is less than helpful another would be more.

Jim Andrew
08-16-2017, 9:31 PM
years ago, I got hold of a sterling blade for a 14" bandsaw, and it was the only blade I had that you did not notice the weld going whack whack whack through the guides. Now most blades are made with good welds.

Allen Jordan
08-17-2017, 9:04 PM
Highland Woodworking's general-purpose bandsaw blades are diamond sterling. I bought some and they are great.