PDA

View Full Version : Delta X5 Bandsaw problem?

Josh Bendel
10-28-2005, 8:12 PM
Has anyone bought the Delta X5 bandsaw, with 6" riser block? If so was the cord long enough to reach to where the switch is suppose to be mounted from the motor connection? The cord that came on mine was not.:( Did Delta fix the problem?

Don't get me wrong I still plugged it in and ran a piece of 9" diameter x 36" long elm through it, that 3/4" timber wolf blade made short work it.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

I will include pictures after I get the switch mounted.

lloyd morris
10-28-2005, 9:22 PM
Josh,

Yes, I had the same problem along with a few others issues with my Delta X5 Bandsaw and riser block. The cord on mine was about an inch too short no matter how I adjusted things.

Delta came through by sending another motor and the proper length cord once I could get through to a Manager in Customer Service. The other problems were addressed and resolved as well.

Hope this helps,

Lloyd Morris

Josh Bendel
10-31-2005, 10:40 AM
Just got off the phone in Delta/Porter Calble/...and on and on and on. They are runnnig into that problem with short cords. They are going to send out another extension lead to go between the motor and the switch.

lloyd thanks for the reply.

Maurice Ungaro
10-31-2005, 12:31 PM
I got mine delivered back in May, and had no such problem. May have been a bad run recently.

Gilbert Vega
10-31-2005, 11:08 PM
I have the X5 and ended up fiddling with the cord and got it to fit.