PDA

View Full Version : Corel X5 printing issue on Zing laser unit

Paul Williams from Nunavut
08-13-2017, 3:25 AM
I'm working at making my own wooden nickels for an upcoming event, and I think I've figured out how to do both sides nicely, but now I've a printer issue that has suddenly and inexplicably cropped up.

In setting up the page in Corel X5, I have used my top left corner as my starting point for X,Y coordinates, and built up the artwork, etc., from them. However, when I go to print the page, the printer setup dialogue box has the selected work pushed in and down from 0,0. I manually reset the table parameters (406.8, 308.4) each time I go in to set the raster and vector speeds and powers (always have) so that isn't the issue. I've also got the "place page at Top Left corner" ticked in that dialogue box, so I'm at a loss as to what the issue is. As I say, until this current "print" run, and in all my other saved works, it goes where it should, but today for some reason, no joy. The only other difference is that this time I set the table size from 16x12 to 12x6 because of the size of the wood I'm using.

It's almost as though both the printer and the lazer are somehow offset from 0,0 on the table platform.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks. Paul

Kev Williams
08-13-2017, 12:13 PM
Change the table size back to 16x12. Corel or your print driver may be trying to split the difference when factoring the table parameters you're inputting...

I always size the Corel working area "table" to the machine's table, not the size of the parts I'm engraving. For the parts, I just draw a box to represent the part, and put what I'm engraving in the box. I put the box on the Corel 'table' where I want it, and that's exactly where it will engrave on the laser's table. I just have to make sure I don't engrave the box ;)

Paul Williams from Nunavut
08-13-2017, 4:04 PM
Many thanks, Kev. That's so logical, and should have been my first move. Thanks. Here goes......