PDA

View Full Version : Steve Worcester Sycamore "Empty Bowls" Bowl.

George Guadiane
08-11-2017, 2:55 PM
It turns out that I got the blank for this piece from Steve Worcester in a wood trade at least 6 years ago or more.
At first, I thought it was a piece I had set aside FOR him. The pencil marks were fairly light. But on close inspection, it said FROM Steve. But since I had already promised to turn it and donate the bowl to empty bowls project, I will.
First bowl I've finished in a while. I'll sign it and find the local Empty Bowls location and get it to them.
7 1/4 inches in diameter by 3 1/4 inches high. Finished with wax.

Bob Coates
08-11-2017, 5:04 PM
Nice George, I like working with sycamore.

daryl moses
08-11-2017, 8:11 PM
Very nice! Sycamore is one of my favorites.

John K Jordan
08-12-2017, 6:36 AM
George, I just saw that on WC. I love the classic form, it well shows off one of the most interesting ray fleck I've seen in a while. I like your base treatment too. My only complaint is the missing picture from the side! Good cause to support.

Hey, have you done any Beads of Courage boxes/lidded bowls? I think it's another cause worth investing in. If you have more wood that size it would be perfect. I'm working on some right now with glued up blanks, preparing for a demo in a few days.

JKJ

George Guadiane
08-13-2017, 6:38 PM
You're right, I should have provided a side view.
I couldn't find a way to add it on the top, so I put it here.
I haven't gotten into Beads of Courage yet, I'll look into it, but for right now, I have to start turning for the fall shows - long story plenty of "excuses" as to why I'm so far behind the 8 Ball.
Thanks

John K Jordan
08-13-2017, 8:32 PM
You're right, I should have provided a side view.
I couldn't find a way to add it on the top, so I put it here.
I haven't gotten into Beads of Courage yet, I'll look into it, but for right now, I have to start turning for the fall shows - long story plenty of "excuses" as to why I'm so far behind the 8 Ball.
Thanks

Thanks, that makes the experience complete.

We can compare our lists of excuses. I'm 2 years behind on some things.

JKJ