PDA

View Full Version : Rumor has it…

Brian Kent
08-10-2017, 10:52 AM
Rumor has it that Steve Schlumpf has 19,998 posts.

When will he hit 20,000 and what is his prize?

Roger Chandler
08-10-2017, 11:31 AM
I dunno, there, Brian. Seems Steve has less and less interactions on the forums.......even the ones he is administrator/founder of. I realize Steve has a life outside SMC, etc, however, it is nice to see him post once in a while, as he does, so Steve..........2 more posts and you are at 20,000, [if Brian counted correctly!]

Prize........I think we should all give him a day off with pay! :rolleyes:

Steve Schlumpf
08-10-2017, 4:28 PM
Brian, thanks for the recognition! :D

Roger, believe it or not I still visit this site, and mine, multiple times a day but have opted for more of a support role than that of a commenter. A couple of years ago I wanted to make sure that others had a voice in the forums and figured that if I backed off some, members would step up and fill in the gap. Worked great and I feel we have even more participation these days than when I first joined in 2006.

I am still here and happy to help should anyone have questions or need assist with anything. Just send me a PM or email and I will get back to you.

John K Jordan
08-10-2017, 4:32 PM
...have opted for more of a support role than that of a commenter.

Yikes, 19,999 on this message! The pressure is on for you to write something memorable for the next one. :)

JKJ

Steve Schlumpf
08-10-2017, 7:16 PM
Wow - I will have to think about that because I definitely want to make a good impression!! :D

John K Jordan
08-10-2017, 7:31 PM
Wow - I will have to think about that because I definitely want to make a good impression!! :D

An excellent impression has be made!!!! 20,000!
Actually, from what I've read of your posts, you probably can't help but make a good impression. :)

JKJ

Frederick Skelly
08-10-2017, 10:15 PM
An excellent impression has be made!!!! 20,000!
Actually, from what I've read of your posts, you probably can't help but make a good impression. :)

JKJ

20,000 - Man, that's a lot of wisdom and experience shared!
Congratulations Steve - and thank you!
Fred

Art German
08-10-2017, 11:42 PM
I read daily, but post seldom, but I have learned a lot from Steve. Like his vacuum chuck plans. He does a great job.

Art

Ken Glass
08-13-2017, 10:59 AM
Steve,
Thanks for all the good advice and of course posting your Turnings over the years. I too, have taken a back seat to posting much, but I visit most days and continue to turn.