PDA

View Full Version : Powermatic 66 Restoration : New Member (Working Pictures)

Andrew Beaven
08-07-2017, 6:25 PM
Let's try this again! LoL

Over the weekend my son went to stay with his grandparents. I'd gotten a good nights sleep and I'd been day drinking. That is a recipe for disaster in my house. I walked to the basement and saw the 1973 Powermatic 66 that I'd bought about 6 months ago on Facebook. I'd tried to sell it recently because I needed a job-site saw and it must not have liked the thought of being sold off to the highest bidder, because it was giving me a dirty look. I'll be darn if anything in my house (other than my wife) gets away with scowling at me. I poured another drink, got out some PB Blaster, and when I came back to my senses this is what was left:

I'm committed at this point, so hopefully I can get it all back together. I've got the cabinet and 50% of the parts prepped for media blasting. I just need to finish cleaning the remaining parts and then do the final taping before dropping it all off. I'm having a struggle with choosing paint though. I know the correct color is Evergreen Metallic, but I really like the Vista Green. Would it be sacrilegious to paint it Vista green or should I stay original?

More pics of the saw before I started and the progress I made yesterday:

Some before and after pictures highlighting the cause of my tendonitis:

I've been lurking on and off the forum for a while so I thought it was only appropriate that I contribute what little I can in the form of entertainment if nothing else. Advice and criticism are always welcome and I'll update the thread as I make progress. I'm certain I'll have my fair share of questions!