PDA

View Full Version : Great affordable paint booth exhaust fan!

Evan Stewart
08-02-2017, 8:27 PM
I have been trying to improve the ventilation in my spray booth for awhile. My spray booth is 12'x12' plastic, cardboard and craft paper on the floor and 6 mil walls. It is in the basement and has an egress window in the wall of the spray booth that I use for exhaust.

I have been using a variety of household and "industrial " fans with less than perfect results. I have been doing a lot of shop upgrades lately so the thought of spending a bunch of money on an exhaust fan that may or may not drastically improve the ventilation.

I found this wall fan designed for greenhouse ventilation

https://www.googleadservices.com/pagead/aclk?sa=L&ai=DChcSEwihrvGG5rnVAhUCh7MKHVdrDLoYABAUGgJxbg&ohost=www.google.com&cid=CAESEeD2_zEKNJEPTt9qDT2kc2B0&sig=AOD64_0WM-Z3HDT7qhC7ygjmH0NN2BrtYg&ctype=5&q=&ved=0ahUKEwisremG5rnVAhVr_4MKHd1GDbkQwg8IKQ&adurl=

It runs $70 and moves around 1000cfm. I set it up today and it works absolutely great!! I would have been happy with the results even if i had paid twice as much.

Thanks

Sam Murdoch
08-03-2017, 7:46 AM
...and 59¢ off if you opt out of free returns :D.

This seems like a great source for many other products that interest me too. One of their green house with this fan could make an excellent
portable spray booth for less than $ 300.00.

Thanks for the link.

Evan Stewart
08-03-2017, 9:30 AM
...and 59¢ off if you opt out of free returns :D.

This seems like a great source for many other products that interest me too. One of their green house with this fan could make an excellent
portable spray booth for less than $ 300.00.

Thanks for the link.

It looks to me like the liberalization of marijuana laws around the country is having an incidental benefit for other uses as well :) when I was looking through Amazon for different exhaust fan options it kept suggesting indoor grow lights, fertilizers etc.

Sam Murdoch
08-03-2017, 10:51 AM
In that case your exhaust fan will need to be set up on a temperature sensor :).

Marc Jeske
08-03-2017, 11:37 AM
I am TOTALLY shocked that no one has brought up that this fan is NOT suitable for the OP if spraying flammables.

I'm not saying I have never used plain cheap fans spraying old school laquer, I have but w great caution.

Water base spray, fine .. get the fan.

Flammables - POOR choice. Marc

Andy Giddings
08-03-2017, 1:57 PM
I am TOTALLY shocked that no one has brought up that this fan is NOT suitable for the OP if spraying flammables.

I'm not saying I have never used plain cheap fans spraying old school laquer, I have but w great caution.

Water base spray, fine .. get the fan.

Flammables - POOR choice. Marc
You're correct about this fan and WB. I suspect the reason nobody brought this up is because Evan is a regular poster and most of the regular posters here know that he sprays WB as we exchanged posts about a suitable sprayer earlier.

Marc Jeske
08-03-2017, 2:13 PM
Gotcha.

Well anyway my post may help an errant searching archive posts for info Newbie.

All good then, thanks for info. Marc

Evan Stewart
08-03-2017, 5:25 PM
You're correct about this fan and WB. I suspect the reason nobody brought this up is because Evan is a regular poster and most of the regular posters here know that he sprays WB as we exchanged posts about a suitable sprayer earlier.

Yes that is totally correct. I have 2 small kids and spray in my basement so i made the necessary choice to use only waterborne finishes.

I probably should have mentioned that for anyone who may not be aware of the difference. I'm sure I wouldn't have been posting about finding an affordable explosion proof fan.