PDA

View Full Version : Latest Project!

Michael Pfau
10-27-2005, 7:15 PM
My Daughter collects purses, so I made her a purse tree! A hall tree but for purses. I started out with a 3 inch square piece of maple, and cut an octogon. Ran grooves down each face, and inlayed cherry on them. The legs are attached with sliding dovetails. I used Watco naural oil, wipe on poly, and furniture wax. She is very excited! Also made my wifes cousin a cutting board out of maple and cherry, with cherry dutchmen. Thanks for looking.

Jim Becker
10-27-2005, 8:21 PM
Now, that's kewel! A great idea...and still room for more hooks on the opposite angle faces if she needs them for the growing collection!

Dave Ray
10-27-2005, 8:44 PM
Mike, you have a great creative mind, combined with a demonstrated gift for making your creations come alive. Very nice original work.

Dave :)

Lars Thomas
10-27-2005, 9:11 PM
Nice detail on the 'hat rack'. Lars

Bernie Weishapl
10-27-2005, 9:14 PM
Michael, both look awesome. Nice work.

Roy Wall
10-27-2005, 10:30 PM
Michael,

Nice project(s)......your daughter will treasure this forever!!!

Troy Wilkins
10-27-2005, 11:38 PM
Collects purses.....hmmm, maybe that is what my wife is doing and she just hasn't officially turned it into a hobby yet. I truly believe she gets a new purse every week. I hope she doesn't read this, it might encourage her to add to the "collection".:) Oh well, my silence on the subject buys me some forgiveness when I add to my tool "collection".