PDA

View Full Version : those of you with teenagers will get this.....

Tim Morton
10-27-2005, 6:58 PM
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

OH..NOW I FEEL BETTER.....

Don Baer
10-27-2005, 7:00 PM
Been there done that don't want to do it again. Now My sons can enjoy it when their kids become teens..:D

Joe Mioux
10-27-2005, 7:03 PM
This is when I retreat to my garage.....

John Miliunas
10-27-2005, 7:05 PM
LOL!!!:D :D :D Been there, done that with my own and two step-kids. I feel for 'ya, Tim!!! I think the good Lord figured we "paid our dues" with those three, as our 14 year old borderline "Angel"!:D Good luck!:) :cool:

Jim Becker
10-27-2005, 7:16 PM
I guess I should take this as a warning? :rolleyes:

John Miliunas
10-27-2005, 7:24 PM

Doomed, Jim! You're do-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-omed!:eek: Seriously, most get over it and so do the parents! Honest.:) :cool:

Travis Stinson
10-27-2005, 7:50 PM
You must've heard me last night with my 15 yr old Daughter!:(

Joe Mioux
10-27-2005, 7:57 PM

You have a de-tached workshop that will become your haven, when three women rule your roost.:)

And you will enjoy every minute.....with all of them.
Joe

Lars Thomas
10-27-2005, 9:08 PM
Wellllll (deep subject, I know), that gives me something to look forward to - times 3.

Dennis McDonaugh
10-27-2005, 9:59 PM
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

OH..NOW I FEEL BETTER.....

Don't get me started, four down and one to go. I don't know if this one is the worst to deal with or just the last and I'm tired;) .

Dennis Peacock
10-27-2005, 11:55 PM
I hear ya Tim.....LOUD and CLEAR!!!!!!:eek: :rolleyes: :mad:

Tim Morton
10-28-2005, 6:17 AM
the problem is she is not doing anything worse than what I did....but the kid gets caught at EVERYTHING she does...

this time it was with her car and two boys teaching her how to "burn out" on a patch of freshly painted asphalt they use for a skating rink here in town....

I have to go now to take her to school since I took her car away (as PART of her punishment) because i want her to ride the school bus home with the little kids for the next week...:eek:

Chris Damm
10-28-2005, 6:50 AM
Having survived 7 teenagers I think I'm lucky that my worst wasn't half as bad as I was at that age! Thank God for my wife (wives). I now have teenage grandchildren and enjoy watching my kids deal with them!

Keith Starosta
10-28-2005, 7:01 AM
Wellllll (deep subject, I know), that gives me something to look forward to - times 3.

Same here, Lars......:( :D

Keith

Joe Pelonio
10-28-2005, 7:15 AM
I hate to gloat but my youngest turned 18 yesterday.

John Hemenway
10-28-2005, 11:43 AM
Our last at home is 15! If there is true justice in the world she will have TWINS just like her. :)

Joe Pelonio
10-28-2005, 12:12 PM
After 3 of them we found that 14 was the worst age, it seems to get better when they want to drive.

Bryan Somers
10-28-2005, 12:29 PM
Dont worry they get older, wiser, more expensive then they come back!!!!

Vaughn McMillan
10-28-2005, 6:14 PM
Seems to me we spend the first 20 years of our lives making our parents' lives a pain (at least I sure did), then for the last 20 years of their lives our parents return the favor.

(No kids, but living with my 84-year-old future MIL.)

- Vaughn

Wes Bischel
10-28-2005, 6:54 PM
the problem is she is not doing anything worse than what I did....but the kid gets caught at EVERYTHING she does...

Tim,
Not necessarily a bad thing these days. I have been told at the age of thirteen, a teen's parents suddenly become dumb as posts - then around the age of twenty, their parents become brilliant. :eek:

Wes - with only one to look forward to - ten years from now.

Scott Donley
10-29-2005, 1:52 PM
Willing to tade my 21 year old daughter for a 4 inch HF jointer. I think that makes a statment ! The teen years were easier than the post teens:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Brent Beelby
10-29-2005, 10:24 PM
My wife and I are watching T.V. in the living room and our 15 year old son is playing his electric guitar in his bedroom with the door shut.
"my God, he's playing that loud. We can't even hear the T.V." I said to my wife.
So we both get up to tell him to turn down his amp.
We open the bedroom door and he's wearing.....get this....headphones...yeah.. the ones I use when I'm planing wood!!
"What the @#$%&" I say to him.
This is where it gets good. He says..." The music is too loud"

Classic teenager
Brent

Andy Hoyt
10-29-2005, 10:41 PM
Brent - Sounds like he has a future in government

Tim Morton
10-30-2005, 11:18 AM
My wife and I are watching T.V. in the living room and our 15 year old son is playing his electric guitar in his bedroom with the door shut.
"my God, he's playing that loud. We can't even hear the T.V." I said to my wife.
We open the bedroom door and he's wearing.....get this....headphones...yeah.. the ones I use when I'm planing wood!!

Classic teenager
Brent

thats just perfect!!!
:D :D

John Miliunas
10-30-2005, 11:58 AM

Classic teenager
Brent

Might have you beat on that one, Brent. While our oldest was still living at home, she did not appreciate my/our music, even though I'm a "rocker" myself. She was into all the hip-hop crapola and would religiously keep her "Walkman" with her when we went anywhere together. On numerous occasions, while she was in the back seat of the car, we'd have to ask her to turn it down because, it was easily heard above the volume of the car stereo. Remember, the "Walkman"-type units are listened to via earphones!!!!:eek: :cool:

Reg Mitchell
11-06-2005, 11:04 PM
LOL , sorry guys, mine turns 21 in feb and she is in Fla....whew. BUt she is a pretty good girl and has grown into a pretty responcable woman. Just had to let you know it getrs bett. New to the forum and had to put in my .02 :)

Jason Roehl
11-07-2005, 8:18 AM
I believe it was Mark Twain who had some advice on the upbringing of teens. When they turn thirteen, stuff them in a barrel with only a bunghole open for food, air and water. When they turn 16, seal up the hole. :D

Norman Hitt
11-08-2005, 3:15 AM
Aaaaaaaa Yessssssss, I DO REMEMBER, that our youngest could creat hassles so fast and consistantly that it was Awfully Hard for me to remember at times, that All those Problems were just UNSOLVED OPPORTUNITIES!!!!:D

It does get better, (Finally). They Both laugh though and tell us "There will be NO Grandkids for us though, because they were raised to learn from the mistakes of their Elders, and NO WAY are they going to submit themselves to the PAYBACK for their "Raising". (Why did they have to be so smart)?:(

Aaron Koehl
11-08-2005, 1:59 PM
Does this make you feel any better?

"Children today are tyrants. They contradict their parents, gobble their food, and tyrannize their teachers. "

~Socrates (469-399 BC)

John Miliunas
11-08-2005, 2:05 PM
Does this make you feel any better?

That's pretty good, although I can't help but wonder what Socrates would say today!!!!:eek: :) :cool: