PDA

View Full Version : Humble beginnings

Dan Forman
10-27-2005, 6:10 PM
Just to show that I occasionally actually finish a project or two, thought I would offer some pictorial evidence of same. Nothing fancy, just some shop utility items. As guitar player extroardinaire Norman Blake used to say, this is just the scales, the fish come later.

First is a small table to hold the air cleaner. Pine with baltic birch top and shelf, finished with shellac. Picture suffers from wide angle lens distortion, the legs are actually parallel! 2520425205

Next is a small set of shelves to store finishing supplies and other odds and ends. It sits in a large indentation in the wall, 8'long by 3 'high and about as deep. I plan on eventually making some cabinets to fit in there as practice before tackling the much needed kitchen cabinet situation. For now, it makes a nice place to keep the planes until a proper home for them can be made. I picked up the carpet samples yesterday for $1 each, that ought to keep their little souls happy. ;) 25203

Dan

Corey Hallagan
10-27-2005, 6:32 PM
Nice work Dan, very usefull projects and they look great!

Corey

John Miliunas
10-27-2005, 7:11 PM
Nothing wrong with utilitarian, Dan! They both look just fine and perform the function intended. :) Heck, sometimes I enjoy mini-projects like that for the shop as much, if not more, than making some higher end piece for the house or something. :D Good job!:) :cool:

lou sansone
10-27-2005, 8:27 PM
nice work... more than I have been getting done recently :o due to work overload
lou

Andy Hoyt
10-27-2005, 8:30 PM
Nice job Dan. And that plywood has some nice figure to it.

Bob Noles
10-27-2005, 8:46 PM
Well Dan.... at least you are making something out of wood, which is more than I can say for myself. Got myself tied up in hand tool restoration at the moment and trying to finish the neander side of my shop before proceeding on any "real" projects.

Your projects look great and very functional indeed. At least you are making sawdust and I'm not :(

Thanks for sharing you work with us.

Dan Forman
10-28-2005, 5:23 AM
Thanks guys. Getting my feet wet with pine and ply on shop furnishings before using the good stuff.

Dan