PDA

View Full Version : new laser machine display not working right

Todd Mueller
07-28-2017, 10:44 AM
I just received a new chinese laser cutting, 100watt co2, and the first time i turned it on the display worked perfectly,
after i turned it off, and then back on the display glitches out with lots of goofy lines and such and is not readable in most areas.

i have left it unplugged for extended periods of time, and each time it is still messed up

i checked most of the connections in the cast between the control display and the key swith and power and ma gauges, and they all seem to be tight and good from what i can tell.

any ideas on how to "reset" it or something to see if i can get it working, i have not even been able to try and cut with the machine yet due to the display acting up.

it works with rdcam software

Bill George
07-28-2017, 11:19 AM
Did you try contacting the people you purchased from? There could also a "hard" reset. but you will lose All the setup parameters.

Robert Bonenfant
07-28-2017, 12:17 PM
If you choose to do a hard reset make sure you have the setup parameter file (for your machine - Only Factory can provide Or other users with your exact machine) in hand because your machine will go back to Chinese and not have any limits setup - Its really a pain to fix. Best is to contact manufacturer, im sure you have a active warranty if the machine is new.

Mark Sipes
07-28-2017, 1:25 PM
Sounds like it might just be a bad display. Have your factory rep send you a replacement under your 2 year warranty.

Todd Mueller
07-28-2017, 2:36 PM
Did you try contacting the people you purchased from? There could also a "hard" reset. but you will lose All the setup parameters.

Thank you everyone, yes, I am working on getting ahold of them. and great advice on the setup file.. fortunately i have another machine up and working so a new display would be best since i can wait for it. I'll see what they say

mitch stephens
07-29-2017, 5:19 AM
Which 100 watt machine is it
Mitch

John Lifer
07-29-2017, 8:34 AM
If you have it connected to a computer, I'd b trying to see if it will even operate, cut and engrave before assuming I just a display problem.....you might have more issues. Display isn't needed, you can run from program...... Even cheap laptop.