PDA

View Full Version : Incra table saw fence flatness tolerance

Jason Winterrowd
07-27-2017, 11:00 AM
I just installed my Incra TS LS and am setting everything up. I have a Woodpeckers saw guage with dial indicator and I squared my fence to the miter slot. The fence is completely square at the front and rear but has a hump in the middle that measures 5/1000 on the dial indicator. Is this within tolerance or will it have much effect on my results?

I am just a novice and purchased the fence to increase my accuracy and I dont want to contact Incra with a silly complaint. I purchased the Woodpeckers guage a year ago and get a little obsessive with trying to set up and measure the preciseness of my tools and find myself wondering what is "good enough".

My question is if this is a non-issue.

glenn bradley
07-27-2017, 11:21 AM
Unfortunately you will get a variety of responses on this. .005" is too much variance on a tablesaw fence for me. A couple of thou I can ignore but, .005" is enough to cause burning and saw marks that I prefer to avoid. My Incra miter gauge tube had similar problems and a phone call had a replacement headed my way ASAP.

J. Greg Jones
07-27-2017, 1:33 PM
As mentioned, expect plenty of responses. If it were mine and I were keeping the fence, I'd set it square at the front and at the middle, and let it taper away from the miter slot .005" at the rear.

Nick Decker
07-27-2017, 1:42 PM
Definitely contact Incra. They're on my relatively short list of companies whose customer service is quick, fair and thorough.

Jason Winterrowd
07-28-2017, 9:00 AM
Thank you all for your input.