PDA

View Full Version : Onieda dust sentry

Tim Compton
07-26-2017, 1:03 PM
I am thinking about putting a dust sentry on my cyclone dust bin. Does anyone have one. I have done some reading of reviews, and the reviews are not all that great. Most of the reviews are several years old. Have they improved them or are they still hit and miss with their reliability.

Jim Andrew
07-26-2017, 2:48 PM
I bought one a few years ago. Did not work well for me. Bin ran over 3 out of 4 times. I removed it and cut a window in the wall so I can watch the hose. Helps to hang a trouble light on the back side so the hose is illuminated.

Randy Heinemann
07-27-2017, 1:17 AM
I have one installed on a V1500 Oneida cyclone for about the last 6 - 9 months. I have filled the bin 3 times since I installed it (wasn't WW much over that period). One out of the 3 times it alerted me correctly, but the setting of the Sentry has been complicated by the fact that there appears to be a tiny leak somewhere in the whole system which causes the rigid bin liner to collapse before the bin fills up. Ironically this might be due to the fact that the sensor must be installed in the bin's lid which means drilling a hole. Oneida has sent me a rubber washer to seal the hole, but I wanted to wait till I need to empty the bin again before installing the washer.

It's a great idea, but I do feel that it is difficult to get it adjusted properly and it's a bit over priced. At some point, I'm likely to settle on adjusting it to alert me at a lower fill point and leave it there because it's important to empty it before it gets too full.

I'm on the fence as to recommending it, but there really aren't any good alternatives out there at this point.

Andy Wojteczko
07-27-2017, 9:24 PM
I have been using one for about a year.
I am very happy with it.
It is easy to adjust the trigger level.
If you want early warning set it for a lower height.
Easy to install. Wipe the lense after you dump the contents.

Andy

Ben Rivel
07-28-2017, 5:42 PM
Build your own for WAY less: LINK (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?242096-Building-Your-Own-And-Improving-Upon-The-Oneida-Dust-Bin-Level-Sensor)

Bill Jobe
07-28-2017, 9:55 PM
Here you go...

https://www.webstaurantstore.com/continental-3200cl-huskee-32-gallon-clear-trash-can/6902632CL.html?utm_source=Google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=GoogleShopping&gclid=Cj0KCQjwwevLBRCGARIsAKnAJvdil_kHsRREuM-E3GMDxEGu47KBCeIpMEtNbPKYqpXkyaQvQ-PR9YMaAoNHEALw_wcB