PDA

View Full Version : Hey Jeff Sudmeier!!!!!!!!!! Your tip made the pages

David Pettibone
10-27-2005, 12:11 PM
.....of Woodworker's Journal on page 15, December 2005. I just plucked it out of the mailbox 10 minutes ago. Nice tip and congrads on making the Bigtime!!!!!!!!!!! Did they give you a years subscription for that or cold hard cash?:D :D :D Take care.:)
David

Vaughn McMillan
10-27-2005, 12:54 PM
Dang...David beat me to the punch. I noticed it a couple days ago, and started looking to see if anyone else had mentioned it, but got sidetracked with "real" work.

Congrats, Jeff. You now join the rarified ranks of published SMC members. I noticed you tried to hide behind some fancy-schmancy name, but there aren't a lot of "Sudmeiers" out there, so I saw right throught your ploy! Way to go!

- Vaughn

Frank Pellow
10-27-2005, 12:59 PM
Congratulations Jeff. For those of us that do not subscribe to that magazine, please tell us what was the tip?

Dan Racette
10-27-2005, 2:15 PM
Jeff, You will have to post the article, and tell us what your tip is. Considering a career in woodworking journalism?

David Pettibone
10-27-2005, 2:37 PM
Here is Jeff's tip:

.................................................. ..........................................

My portable contractor's saw came with no dust collection system. So I sealed up the cabinet wtih duct tape and then connected it to a dust collector. That dealt with about half the dust, but what about the rest? Since I use an external blade guard, it made sense to hook that up to another vacuum hose. After cutting a rectangular hole in the guard, I attached a block of wood with silicone sealant. I drilled an access hole for my vacuum through the block of wood and it worked great! This reduced the remaining dust by about 90 percent. Jeffrey Sudmeier, Arena, Wisconsin

.................................................. ..............................................

That was it and I should have typed it with my original post (me sorry).

Vaughn, you outrank me with you number of posts, so you actually did beat me to the punch!!!!:)

David

Karl Laustrup
10-27-2005, 6:19 PM
Congratulations, Jeff. :)

However, I don't recall seeing any pictures of this handy way to collect dust. You know the drill. No pix, it didn't happen, or in this case doesn't exist. ;) :D

Karl

Joe Mioux
10-27-2005, 7:36 PM
NO NO NO....this didn't happen....

Where are the pictures, Jeff:rolleyes:

Joe

P.S. Congrats on the plug in the magazine

Bernie Weishapl
10-27-2005, 9:28 PM
Congratulations Jeff on the tip. Are you going to start writing woodworking articles now????

Jeff Sudmeier
10-28-2005, 7:52 AM
Thanks guys!! I took the cold hard cash, I actually had three magazines that were interested in it. That was pretty neat. Went to the one that offers the most :) ... (Hint, you may see one or two others sometime) :)

They picked up the fancy dancy name from my work email address. It is my full name, no hiding intended. To be honest, I haven't even had a chance to open that issue!! I will have to, sometime soon!.

Here is the link to the Topic that became the tip:
http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=16894

I also sent in a crude drawing of the "Adapter".

As far as a pic of the magazine... No can do, due to copywrites and etc :) Just kidding... I will try to get one.

Steve Clardy
10-28-2005, 8:01 AM
Congrats Jeff!!

Corey Hallagan
10-28-2005, 8:08 AM
Congrats Jeff on the tip! Way to go!

Corey

Pete Harbin
10-28-2005, 8:10 AM
Way to go Jeff! Immortalized forever in print! :D

Pete

Keith Christopher