PDA

View Full Version : Sawstop outfeed and router tables

Keith Pitman
07-18-2017, 7:53 PM
Found this pic elsewhere on the net. Sawstop outfeed and cast iron router tables. Of course, after I bought my Sawstop last year and built an outfeed table and created a total cast iron top using a Peachtree router table extension, they make them factory available! I think the router plate contains a Sawstop lift, also new.

Ray Newman
07-19-2017, 2:38 AM
From what I read on the SawStop site, the router table insert and the folding out feed table along with a new floating dust collection blade guard and a larger sliding table will be available late this summer.

See:
http://www.sawstop.com/new-options

Keith Pitman
07-19-2017, 7:07 AM
From what I read on the SawStop site, the router table insert and the folding out feed table along with a new floating dust collection blade guard and a larger sliding table will be available late this summer.

See:
http://www.sawstop.com/new-options

Thanks. I had looked on their site a while back, but they were not there at that time.

Ben Rivel
07-19-2017, 11:48 AM
Cant believe we still dont have pricing on these new accessories yet.

Lee Schierer
07-19-2017, 12:11 PM
Quality Grinding gave away a cast iron extension table with a router lift here on SMC a few years ago.

Jeremy Treibs
07-19-2017, 12:52 PM
The sawstop stand alone router table with sawstop branded (looks exactly like the General/Woodtek one) router lift has me curious. I am having a very hard time wanting to give Sawstop a dime, however, after their legal curb stomping of all other manufacturers trying to force them to buy their technology (and recently Bosch lawsuit... a clearly superior design was lost in a patent battle).

Peter Christensen
07-19-2017, 4:47 PM
Bosch is selling the saw here in Canada for a couple hundred more than the SawStop jobsite saw. You can always drive up and get one. I doubt your guards will stop you from bringing it back.

Rick Potter
07-19-2017, 9:48 PM
Looks like maybe they bought Excalibur or Exactor on the slider.

That is a strange outfeed table. Is it only for sheet goods? Most of what I cut would fall right through it.

Simon MacGowen
07-20-2017, 5:15 PM
Look closer. The front section of the outfeed table, lining up with the sawblade, is a solid top and so small pieces won't fall through.

Simon.

Rick Potter
07-21-2017, 11:53 AM
Yeah, I saw that. Won't work for me.