PDA

View Full Version : From a 80w tube to a 100w tube problem!

Callum Angus
07-18-2017, 6:14 PM
I've just upgraded from a 80w tube to a 100w tube and it not working... so I need to upgrade my PSU too?? When I'm aligning the laser to the first mirror I'm getting a large dot and on thee cutting head the further I move away from the mirrors (moving from left to right) the bigger the dot gets?? Plus there is just no way enough power coming through the laser.. please help!

Dave Sheldrake
07-18-2017, 10:35 PM
I've just upgraded from a 80w tube to a 100w tube and it not working... so I need to upgrade my PSU too?? When I'm aligning the laser to the first mirror I'm getting a large dot and on thee cutting head the further I move away from the mirrors (moving from left to right) the bigger the dot gets?? Plus there is just no way enough power coming through the laser.. please help!

PSU is supplying the wrong current and wrong voltage, going from an 80 to a 100 is false economy, costs go up considerably for very little benefit

The dot getting bigger is called divergence and is quite normal on any laser running from a DC tube with no collimator