PDA

View Full Version : Blame it on Dick Parr.............................

Bruce Shiverdecker
10-25-2005, 7:12 PM
You just had to do it, didn't you, Dick.

Just HAD to make and post those wands. We've got a show this weekend that will have a lot of kids in attendance. LOML said..................After seeing yours................. "We should have some for the show."

Well.................here they are.

Thanks for lookin'

Bruce;)

Michael Stafford
10-25-2005, 7:32 PM
Cool Bruce! Did you dye the wood or are the wands made from some kind of plastic? Either way the kids should love them!!!:D

Mark Hulette
10-25-2005, 7:37 PM
Very nice, Bruce.

Those could also double as conductor batons!! I like the 2nd from the left in the right hand picture...:confused: :)

Where did you get the staff portion?

Bruce Shiverdecker
10-25-2005, 8:15 PM
The staff portion is birch dowel and they are either dyed or as painted (the Black and Gold ones)

I've thought of making a conductors version, but I would not have many customers here.

Bruce

Keith Burns
10-25-2005, 8:17 PM
They all look great ! Hope you have a great show.

Jim Becker
10-25-2005, 8:29 PM
Wands can be "fun" to turn...especially without a steady as this one was done a few years ago. Given the popularity of a certain book/movie fellow, they probably can be good craft show sellers. This one was too thick, but the recipient liked it.

Dick Parr
10-27-2005, 7:37 AM
They look great Bruce! The are fun to make too.

Great job Bruce

Bruce Shiverdecker
10-27-2005, 12:28 PM
They certainly are fun, Dick. Hope they sell well!

I did some out of one piece, non supported. Not BAD, but no something I'm proud of either. They would have to be higher priced than my target market would pay.

Bruce

Kurt Aebi
10-28-2005, 12:47 PM
Good Job Bruce!

I'm sure Dick won't mind being blamed for those!!!;)

Should be good sellers, good job!

Chris Barton
10-28-2005, 4:40 PM
Great looking wands Bruce! I like the color! I may have to turn a few for the tric or treaters around my neighborhood.