PDA

View Full Version : Removing Rustoleum paint from Vinyl Siding.

Clarence Martin
07-03-2017, 12:17 AM
I was painting the wrought Iron railings on the porch today, with Black Rustoleum oil base email semi gloss paint; and accidentally got a little bit of the paint on the white Vinyl Siding. Does anyone know what is the best way to remove it ? Thought about just painting over the black with white paint, but not sure if that will make more of a mess.

Would Comet or a little gasoline dipped on a rag work to wipe that Rustoleum off the siding ?

Lee Schierer
07-03-2017, 1:20 PM
You don't want to use gasoline. I would try mineral spirits first and sooner rather than later as it will be harder to remove as it gets older.

Bruce Wrenn
07-03-2017, 9:01 PM
I would try some citrus based paint remover.

Clarence Martin
07-03-2017, 10:37 PM
Well, it took about 20 minutes, but I was able to get about 90 % of it off . It was on the part of the siding that is on the bottom. Narrow strip. Think it's the Soffit ?? Ended up using Comet, Dawn , and the threaded part of a bolt to scrap the paint off. Luckily, no scratch marks were made on the Siding.

Matt Day
07-04-2017, 7:36 AM
and the threaded part of a bolt to scrap the paint off.

Now that's a new one. I probably would have chosen something more like a scotch brite pad but glad you got it off.