PDA

View Full Version : Coreldraw resizing with Lasercut 5.3

John T Bates
07-01-2017, 9:12 PM
Hey All,

Been a while since I've been on, had to have my foundation replaced in my garage, so that turned into several months with my laser covered and out of service until the concrete dust died down :D.

Here's the issue I just started having. I've been using coreldraw now, for a few years, and when I want to engrave something using lasercut 5.3, I export the image as a jpg, and then import it into lasercut. I just upgraded to CorelDraw 2017, and now, when I export a 70mm x 74mm image, Lasercut is importing it as 81x90mm. I've posted in the corel forums to see if they know what's going on, but I thought I'd check here too, since a lot of you are familiar with lasercut.

I've tried saving it with maintain aspect checked, and then maintain size. I gives me the same size image, and when I import, I get the same size difference. I'm guessing there's an option somewhere in corel that I'm missing.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Kev Williams
07-01-2017, 10:40 PM
Just a wild guess here-- is it possible the new and improved Corel is actually measuring to the edges of the image-minus white instead of the full bounding box?

John T Bates
07-02-2017, 5:30 AM
I'm not sure. The measurements corel is giving me SHOULD be for the entire bounding box. When I select the image, it is including the white around the image, and, proportionally, the same amount of white is on the image I import into lasercut, but the whole image is larger.