PDA

View Full Version : Home Grown

Mark J Bachler
10-25-2005, 7:38 AM
Been awhile since I’ve had a moment to stop by the creek.
Just finished installing the 1st kitchen using the oak I cut off my land. It was air dried for a year, then kiln dried for two weeks.
http://community.webshots.com/album/475067269QNWfGW/1 (http://community.webshots.com/album/475067269QNWfGW/1)
The shop has been very busy. Starting on a china hutch today, and have 4 more kitchens lined up so far. The Mini Max machinery has performed very well. I've learned allot about running a business & how to budget, since going on my own in June. A decent sized kitchen takes me about 5 weeks from design to install. I build everything myself including the counter tops. Scheduling has been the biggest problem to overcome. I have two contractors that I have been working with that have started getting me involved in the beginning of the projects instead of two weeks before the clients are ready to move in. All in all things are going well, might even get a little time to do some bow hunting or slay a walleye, just not today.
Take care all
Mark

Rob Russell
10-25-2005, 7:48 AM
The kitchen looks nice. I'll bet your customer is happy!

John Miliunas
10-25-2005, 7:52 AM
Wow...You have been busy, haven't you?!:D Very nice job on the cabs and I also give you a lot of credit for tackling all your own counters, as well! Nicely done.:) Now, tell us a bit more about that Teddy Bear bar!:D :cool:

lloyd morris
10-25-2005, 9:05 AM
Mark,

Your work looks great. I especially like the attention to detail. The fluting on the island corners is a really nice touch.

Lloyd Morris

Jeff Sudmeier
10-25-2005, 9:07 AM
Mark,

Your work shows why you are busy! Keep up the good work and you will never have to go out and look for jobs, they will come to you!

Jim Becker
10-25-2005, 8:13 PM
Looking good, Mark! Keep up the great work...the fish will not miss you... ;)

Corey Hallagan
10-25-2005, 10:29 PM
Nice work Mark, the cabs look great! Congrats and good luck in your business.

Corey