PDA

View Full Version : DelVe Square just arrived

Edwin Santos
06-30-2017, 7:12 PM
So I took the bait on a Woodpecker's DelVe square back in Feburary. This was an encore One Time Tool. Looks to really be a little swiss army knife of layout squares. Very cool and very well designed. I suppose the question will be whether one can adopt the various capabilities into your work habits, especially if you are accustomed to using say, a Starrett mini double square or something else. If I can get into the habit of making it the go-to tool for layout and marking, I can see it becoming indispensable.

Funny - if you bought it during the February ordering window, it was $49.99. Right now I see one for auction on Ebay and it's up to $177 with two days left to go in the auction!

Peter Kuhlman
06-30-2017, 9:49 PM
Yea got mine a couple weeks ago. Finally a really useful one-time-tool. I am impressed with it and already find it very handy as it is compact. They should consider upsizing it into a 6" and 8" model.

Steve Eure
06-30-2017, 11:33 PM
I bought mine the first go round. It is probably the most used measuring tool in my shop besides the tape measure. Love it.

H. Gregory Porter
07-03-2017, 10:41 AM
... fFunny - if you bought it during the February ordering window, it was $49.99. Right now I see one for auction on Ebay and it's up to $177 with two days left to go in the auction!

Wow! I bought one b/c I didn't already have a small graduated layout square. I felt The $58 ish cost with shipping was steep, but justified it b/c they are well made tools.

I can't fathom someone paying $177 for one. There are many options on the market. Maybe I should be buying a gross of every OTT and be a reseller on eBay!

Andrew Pitonyak
07-03-2017, 2:12 PM
Mine arrived last week. So far it has been useless to me except for the "it is cool factor". Ironically, I really really really could have used it the day before it arrived as I was doing some setup where it would have been useful.

I anticipate that I will get a lot of use out of it, but I must admit that at $177, I would consider selling it..... but..... in its compact form, I think that I will get sufficient use from it that I might not sell it for $177. Then again, some of what I expect to do with it I can get by with their 6" square (or similar).

http://www.woodpeck.com/carpentersq6.html