PDA

View Full Version : Just a Dollar...

steven c newman
06-30-2017, 12:33 PM
Yard sales this morning...nothing outstanding...
Couple fifty cent bags of hinges..
First off, I am NOT a carver, but these can clean up a few details after a molding plane...$1

However, there was this for that dollar bill..
even fully opened, I still can't get a 1/4" drill bit to fit. Figured it might come in handy. May look around for a chuck key...

Big ticket item today ( the Boss spent way more than I did) was a set of sockets..
3/8" drive SAE deep well. have a set of Metric, but not the SAE ones. $5...

Some days you hit a home run, some days you merely bunt....

steven c newman
06-30-2017, 1:18 PM
Right angle drill is from George A Terry Co. Needs a chuck....
Socket set went to my son, for his tool box.

Bill Houghton
06-30-2017, 1:36 PM
What's the thread diameter/pitch on the spindle, and is the spindle male or female?

steven c newman
06-30-2017, 4:25 PM
??????

I guess I will google Mr. George A Terry & Co. and see IF I can find the chuck....

steven c newman
06-30-2017, 8:11 PM
Of the two bags of hinges...one came with screws, one did not.....now have three of each of these things..
Not sure where I will use these....

george wilson
07-01-2017, 7:45 AM
You need to get some small "Screw machine length" drill bits for that small chuck. Made for drilling holes sideways down in a hole,or other confined space. It might only take a maximum 1/8" drill.

I'd say that item was a very lucky find. I have a similar device to use in my vertical milling machine. Called a "Quill Master". They aren't cheap. There is an additional small right angle attachment that can fit on the end of the already slender Quill Master. Those extra little arms seem to cost about $1000.00 on Ebay. Mine was broken and I got it for $15.00. I think the dealer didn't know what it was. Easy fix with my lathe.

steven c newman
07-01-2017, 6:12 PM
Went back to that sale today, looking to see IF that key was in another box....nada. I did spent a dollar bill while there..
Latches, hinges, a brace for a leg/lid, and a small key. I might go and look up a Jacobs No. 0 chuck and see IF they sell a key for it.....