PDA

View Full Version : Anyone purchased a laser from Amazon?

Mac Quantz
06-30-2017, 9:16 AM
Hello

Amazon seems to carry a number of Chinese companies.
Some state they are "upgraded"
Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with them.
Companies include Ten-High, CNC Shop, Mophorn, Orion Motor Tech and a few others.

Thanks
Mac

Bill George
06-30-2017, 9:37 AM
Hello

Amazon seems to carry a number of Chinese companies.
Some state they are "upgraded"
Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with them.
Companies include Ten-High, CNC Shop, Mophorn, Orion Motor Tech and a few others.

Thanks
Mac

You might do a Search here or on google to find out but I do not recall anyone posting about Amazon lasers. Lots of issues with eBay machines. There are several good venders out there selling Chinese machines, Rabbit USA. Boss, LightObject. and more once again Searching and reading here might help. There are also the US machines of course.

Gary Hair
06-30-2017, 9:41 AM
You are going to get the same machine as you would from eBay and the same support, warranty, etc. - i.e. None. go to amazon and search "Ten-High laser" and look at the first machine. The inconsistencies in the shipping time alone should be enough to raise a red flag - Amazon says it should arrive between July 24 and August 4, the seller says 2-3 days in their description. Also read toward the bottom of the listing where they warn you it will take some effort to make it work and not to bother buying it if you aren't willing to work with them. My .02? Run, don't walk, away from eBay or Amazon for buying a laser.

Clark Pace
06-30-2017, 9:58 AM
I know one guy that did. I helped set it up. That was while ago so i dont know if it still works. Like others have said risky buying there. You may get a good one or may not

John Lifer
07-01-2017, 7:35 AM
Dont do it! Same as eBay! Locag group bought thru them and as far as I know never got the machine! Supposed in the US and shipped and delivvered elsewhere, big problem. Go direct or go through true laser dealer. Or roll the dice. Everyone that buys from them or Bay has to start replacement of items immediately.

Vince Delosso
07-02-2017, 11:02 AM
I ordered one from Amazon seller iGlobalBuy on March 6th, and it was delivered March 10th. When it arrived all I needed to do to use it were the normal setup steps, hook-up exhaust, cooling pump, and align optics. I purchased it thinking I would modify it, but it did function out of the box. Since then, I have added and adjustable honeycomb bed, analog ammeter, Smoothie board controller, and cut down the exhaust duct. All things I expected based on modifications on various K40 blogs, but not required for basic operation.

John Lifer
07-02-2017, 1:21 PM
Well, if you are talking about a k40 laser, there are zero reputable sellers. None of the actual manufacturers that make decent machines put their name on them and that's saying something. Even for Chinese company. They are all no name machines. And if you got it working great for you! It is your money, glad it works, but is there any warranty? Support? No!

Robert Bonenfant
07-02-2017, 8:50 PM
Yeah dont buy off ebay or amazon, your just asking for head aches. Yes a few have received working machine but its very rare - There's a reason they are half the price of other Chinese machines - No warrenty, customer support, They race to assemble them.

Try Rabbit, Camfive (I Own four of these All work well), Laguna, Boss and a few others - Rabbit, Laguna, Camfive all have great customer support - Havent bought a Boss machine yet.